Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
cjibo

Re: Pressure Sensitivity

It appears that the same issue has made its way to X201t.

Serial Port
LionsPhil

[ Edited ]

Confirmed; I have a X201T with the SuperBright screen. The digitizer diagnostics in the Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox show that, at some level, the pressure sensitivity is working, yet it is not being detected by The GIMP or Macromedia Flash. In addition, I don't seem to have any of the Wacom pen controls for adjusting sensitivity (this is presumably related to an issue where the pen causes mouse clicks before quite touching the screen, causing a lot of unwanted mis-clicks).

Am I right in thinking that "WinTab", the API that I think most Windows graphics tablet software is written to, is a Wacom de-facto standard? Is the issue that Lenovo have not installed Wacom's software? (I am not really keen on randomly bodging in Fujitsu drivers.)

Edit: In particular, this looks promising: http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm ; the X201 sports a "Penabled" sticker. Note that the readme points out it will disable/work around some Windows features like Flicks when in use with a graphics application.

Serial Port
LionsPhil

[ Edited ]

Well, the good news is that those drivers enable WinTab capability in Win7 x64 fine as far as I can tell---graphics applications can now see the pressure readings from both nib and eraser, the oversensitivity is gone, and the Pen Tablet UI is installed to tweak sensitivity. I can sleep and resume the machine and it still works.

The bad news is that Windows 7's pen features, while still listed in the Control Panel, have vanished. Even with no graphics programs running, fresh boot, there's no Ink handwriting recognition, no special mouse pointer, no onscreen keyboard, nada. (I also don't have multitouch hardware, so do not know if it will break that for others. Make restore points/backups and brace for the worst. I've also noticed that this will now fail the PC Doctor/ThinkVantage digitizer test, as it will completely ignore stylus input.)

I have to say I'm massively disappointed with Lenovo that they've shipped a high-end laptop in such a state that we even have to have threads about this. After decades of ThinkPads, next time I'm looking elsewhere.

Edit: As a fairly lousy workaround, if you go into Input Panel Settings (one route there is to press the "tablet shortcuts" hardware button, then "Configure Tablet and Pen Settings", then "Other -> Go to Input Panel Settings") is to turn on "Show the icon in the taskbar", which will give you a fairly large taskpar panel to click to toggle the Ink window. It does accept handwriting but now longer shows pressure effects---I think it thinks you're writing with a mouse.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
sis649

Re: Pressure Sensitivity Doesn't Work in Photoshop!

Hrshycro, is there a solution for Windows 7 x64? Anybody knows?

Blue Screen Again
aeronutria

Same problems x200 t - windows 7 32bit - multitouch ( 2 fingers).

I'criing over the WACOM PENABLED sticker.

I bought this for using in graphic design, painting etc and now I'm really frustrated.

Please Lenovo fix this mess, I hate juggling with driver in a fresh installation / new pc.

F2a
Serial Port
F2a

I uninstalled all the touch drivers and installed the one from the lenovo update. Everything, including pressure sensitivity, is working fine in OneNote and Windows Journal. I'm not sure if it works in Photoshop.
Serial Port
LionsPhil

Interestingly, since the last batch of updates (the ones with the UltraNav issue: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/Synaptics-UltraNav-driver-cannot-identi... ), I now have both Microsoft Ink and Wacom WinTab functionality working: if I move the stylus near the screen the Windows 7 tablet features kick in (like the keyboard and special cursor), and yet I still have pressure sensitivity in graphics applications like Flash and The GIMP.

Rolling back the troublesome UltraNav driver hasn't broken this!