Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
am4ever

Problem with X41 IBM Access Button

Hi all

I have problem with IBM Access button. I bought an used X41 Tablet ( XP SP3) 40GB HDD including 3GB hidden partion (for recovery). It seems the IBM Access button didn't work in both Bios and Windows ( others button worked well), i wonder if u  have to install driver for this button?. In Control Panel, i saw some Function as : IBM power managerment, Finger sensor, Tablet and Pen Setting.  Finnaly, is there anyway to recover  the  origional OS ( in hidden partition) using other menthod? (like PQ magic ...)

Thanks for reading ! 

Token Ring
ctoys

Re: Problem with X41 IBM Access Button

Just to be clear, does your X41 have the Hidden Protected Area (a special area on your harddisk that can be hidden to the software running on your ThinkPad) that provides images of partitions written to the end of a harddisk or "Rescue and Recovery" technology that uses an ordinary partition, accessible through the partition table but hidden under ordinary use?.  Also I presume that you are attempting to use this button only when the system is booting up, as it was intended?    Modifying these hidden areas/partitions using third party products (e.g. PQ Magic) can cause your system not to boot up at all. 
Full disclosure: Not a Lenovo employee, just someone with a X61 running Win XP SP2
802.11n
sipp11

Re: Problem with X41 IBM Access Button

[ Edited ]

am4ever wrote:

It seems the IBM Access button didn't work in both Bios and Windows ( others button worked well), i wonder if u  have to install driver for this button?.

Finnaly, is there anyway to recover  the  origional OS ( in hidden partition) using other menthod? (like PQ magic ...)

For IBM Access button in Windows, if X41's does the same thing as X61's, it will bring up "Productivity Center" which you have to install it first if you want. There is no other drivers needed.

For a second question, I'm not quite sure if you already did something to that parition. In case you haven't done anything to that partition and now it just cannot be accessed, you could just install Rescue and Recovery program--then you will be able to access that partition by pressing F11 right before Windows splash screen (I'm not sure about IBM Access button as well, I'll try and post later though)

Add (7/11/2008): IBM access button bought me to a menu which has choices of Enter to BIOS, Resume boot; that's it.I have to press F11 after this to get in order to get in R&R. I'm not sure if it was like this at first or not.

Message Edited by sipp11 on 07-10-2008 09:39 PM