Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
Axure

Q to Lenovo staff: X201t update

When can we expect an update to the X201 tablet series?

I'm hoping we'll see Wireless Display (and possibly DisplayPort) as well as a better multi-touch layer (i.e. one that doesn't ruin the exquisite display quality).

community supermod
erik

Re: Q to Lenovo staff: X201t update

updates typically happen around processor refreshes.   that's about as detailed as anyone can get right now. :smileywink:

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Serial Port
Axure

That's a good point.  Any idea when the next iteration of Intel mobile processors might come? (i.e. hit the store shelves, not be announced.)  I'm not following these things very closely...

Fanfold Paper
dupain

[ Edited ]

Their last processors are i7-620LM and i7-640LM.

Maybe they will put i7-***M soon, it's more powerfull but you lost autonomy

or i7-***UM wich is lighter. or QM

I notice that others, like Toshiba for exemple, now have i7-***M

I think they will stay for a while with these CPU and that we won"t see big upgrade in the next months in these series.

The big step will be for the entry level netbook, at the begining of 2011, with new Atom etc..

community supermod
erik

QM processors are quad-core workstation-class CPUs.   there's no way those will make it in the tablet. :smileywink:   M processors are for standard notebooks and are currently only available in the X201 notebook.   the X201T isn't set up to accept the larger heatsink required for M procs.

in the core-i series, the X201T is currently offered with the i5-520UM, i5-560UM, i7-620LM, and i7-640LM.   these are ULV and LV processors with 18W and 25W TDP respectively.   new offerings are on the way but i don't know when those will be available.

if you need a tablet now, now is the time to buy.   if you want a system that feels quick and responsive, buy an SSD and don't worry as much about the processor.   most people don't use tablets for heavy processing tasks anyway.   an SSD is typically of greater benefit to most users.

Serial Port
Axure

Erik, thanks a lot for the input!

However, the topic isn't about efficiency. :smileywink: The processor roadmap topic surfaced only because I'd like to know when can we expect the next iteration of the X201 tablet. (Hopefully with Wi-Di and better multitouch.)

community supermod
erik

oh, i'm fully aware of the info you're looking for here. :smileywink:   problem is, unreleased products can't be discussed.   the answer is the same as in my first post.

how about this...

"look for something later this year or early/mid-year next year."

better? :smileyvery-happy: