Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oak
What's DOS?
Oak

Reinstall Windows XP Tablet without disk?

Hi,

I want to format the hard drive of my X60 tablet and reinstall the operating system. The machine came preloaded with XP Pro Tablet, and I the product key is on a sticker on the bottom of the machine. How do I go about loading the operating system after formatting the hard drive without having a CD of Windows XP? Not sure what we are expected to do in this case.

Thanks

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

Re: Reinstall Windows XP Tablet without disk?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Windows-XP-Tablet-PC-Operating-System-DVD-Software-/150510964246?pt=LH_DefaultDo...

you can try getting a set of restore discs from lenovo, but my experience with that has not worked out very well.  as long as your coa says xp tablet, you can use a restore disc for other makes of pc's. this disc only restores the os, you will have to install thinkvantage system update to get all your drivers back. you can use this disc as many times as you like and it will restore xp tablet os on any computer that has the xp tablet coa.

i used a dell xp restore cd to restore xp on about 8 laptops so far, all ibm's.  again, you will not get any drivers with this. 

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Oak
What's DOS?
Oak

Thanks for your help!

Paper Tape
ivessm

The WinXP Tablet disks are only available direct from the OEM that produced the Tablet. The WinXP disks that are out in the wild do not include any Tablet extensions.
topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

that's right, the winxp discs won't have tablet features, but the winxp tablet discs will.  you can use a gateway xptablet disc on a dell, an hp tablet disc on a gateway and so on.  no hardware drivers but it will install xp tablet.  i have a gateway xptablet disc and used it on an hp tc4400 and on an x41t and it worked.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество