Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
jcgottfried

Remove security sensor tags?

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Tablet. It sets off the security alarms in various libraries and stores. I assume there is some kind of security sensor tags in the computer. I have read of other Lenovo users having similar problems---it is embarrassing, time-consuming, and annoying. Does anyone have any idea how I can find and remove whatever is setting off these alarms? Any advice is deeply appreciated!

I am, by the way, fairly upset that information and support is so hard to obtain for this relatively expensive computer. Do I really need to purchase an extended warranty to get such simple questions answered?

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: Remove security sensor tags?

jcgottfried, welcome to the forum,

must certainly be annoying and embarrassing, but it's not a common problem.

I've found this post in these boards, but unfortunately the OP never came back to acknowledge the "possible" solution.

At forum.thinkpads.com I found this thread which may have some useful info.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Blue Screen Again
jcgottfried

Thanks for the response, Andy. After posting this question I did indeed, locate a couple of threads describing similar problems. Quite frankly  I assumed this was simply a matter of an errant security sensor tag hidden somewhere in the computer. The posted comments seem to indicate that the problem is actually some kind of inherent quirk in the magnetic properties of the computer itself.  I find this a surprisingly weird lack of foresight on the part of the designers.

I still have hopes, however, that someone might have additional suggestions...

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Where did you buy the system from? Is it possible the vendor installed a security tag? And, I have to ask, do you have any friends who are practical jokers :smileyhappy:? The easiest place to put a tag would be under the battery.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Blue Screen Again
jcgottfried

Wow, very good suggestions...and very devious!  :-)  I purchased it direct from Lenovo, though, and it started happening as soon as I got the computer, before anyone could plant anything on me.