Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
LordPhoenix

Resume problem on X220t with dock

Hi, I recently purchased the docking station with the DVD reader in the ultrabay. So far, things are working smoothly and I'm very happy with the dock. I do however run into a resume problem everytime my tablet is docked. Whether the laptop is put to sleep on the dock or put to sleep undocked and then attached, when I open the lid, the laptop won't resume. Any press (short, long) on the main power button doesn't do the trick either. I have so far only been able to get it to resume by pressing the power button on the dock on the power button on the screen for about 5 seconds. A short press on these doesn't work The same problem occurs when the tablet is turned off: no way to power it on using the main power button once it's docked. I'm running Win7 x64 with the latest BIOS and drivers (just reinstalled everything last week hoping to solve my touchpad problem -- which I assume is completely unrelated). Thanks for your answers, -LP
Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Resume problem on X220t with dock

hey LordPhoenix,

i would believe that your Bios version is at 1.21 ?

Anyway, try this

- uninstall all Thinkvantage software.

With all the ThinkVantage software removed, test and see if the same thing happens.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Retired Guru
outouser

Re: Resume problem on X220t with dock

Hi,

One of my clients have this exact same issue.

When laptop ( ThinkPad X220 model 42912WG ) is inserted to dock while sleeping it wont resume from sleep anymore.

If i take DVD drive off from dock then it works fine.

Dock model: ThinkPAd UlrtaBase series 3 ( P/N 0a86464 )

Laptop BIOS 1.28