Support in other languages: 
Pic
Blue Screen Again
Pic

Rough ink in OneNote in Extended Desktop Mode secondary display using docking station

[ Edited ]

When I use OneNote on my tablet built-in screen as the secondary display in Extended Desktop mode, ink is not as smooth as it is in Single display. The lines looks rough and jagged. See the image below to compare:

I noticed this problem while trying to resolve another one (see my post here). It was after I updated MultiTouch Driver from version 3.0.7.13 to 7.0.2.19. However, since I'm not running OneNote often in Extended Desktop Mode, this might not be related to that because I didn't had the "chance" to see if I got the same problem using version 3.0.7.13. However, like mentionned in my other post discussing the driver problem, the ink looks better since I re-installed the driver correctly. However, I still notice a difference in the ink smoothing between the Single Display and Extended Desktop mode. It could be an hardware problem too. I'm using Utrabase docking station to connect my external display which I set as primary.

If anyone else is experiencing those symptoms, I will be more than happy to share more details and try to find a solution.

X201 tablet w/ Multitouch, 8-Cell Battery
Core i7 620LM (2.00 GHz) w/ 4 GB DDR3 Memory
Windows 7 Pro 64 bits, HDD 320GB 7200RPM
What's DOS?
mkraemer

Betreff: Rough ink in OneNote in Extended Desktop Mode secondary display using docking station

I have the same problem (and same configuration of X 201), but unfortunately no solution. Reinstalling the old version of MultiTouch Driver had no effect. In contrast , after this the same problem occurs also without extended desktop .

Any suggestions are welcome ...

What's DOS?
peri01

Re: Rough ink in OneNote in Extended Desktop Mode secondary display using docking station

Hi

I'm using an X200 tablet and the same thing occurred.  I don't use an ultrabase and Lenovo support don't seem to know what to do.  They keep changing pen pressure sensitivity. Which does not help. Have you had any help?

Fanfold Paper
omri1

Pen resolution worsens when X220 Tablet is docked

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a new X220 tablet running Windows 7 64 bit.

The resolution of the pen when without a dock is very good.

But, when I connect to the UltraBase and choose an extended monitor so I can still use the pen - the resolution is suddenly much worse (see example below)

At first the calibration was also destroyed, but I recalibrated and that seems OK now.

I suspect that maybe the load of having two displays hurts the digitization process somehow (??).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Omri

The problem

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name OMRI-THINK
System Manufacturer LENOVO
System Model 4294CTO
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date LENOVO 8DET54WW (1.24 ), 10/18/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Omri-THINK\Omri
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.89 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.03 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 10.7 GB
Page File Space 7.89 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Paper Tape
Stark060

Re: Rough ink in OneNote in Extended Desktop Mode secondary display using docking station

I also have this problem....driving me crazy!

Fanfold Paper
Cads

My x220 has the same problem.

What's DOS?
neilr

I have this problem too!

Paper Tape
ptsven

I also have this problem (X201T, Windows 7 pro 32 bit), and can confirm that the problem did not exist prior to a number of "Windows Updates" that I recently allowed to install.  I am suspicious that this problem is caused by the updated MultiTouch Driver to version  7.0.2.19.  I have a number of other machines that have not been updated and they do not exhibit the problem.  I'm desperate for a solution!

Punch Card
pubert

Same problem with X220T and no docking station. It's driving me bonkers as my handwriting looks 10X worse than it already did. I did not have the problem until I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 and allowed all of the windows updates. Any solutions?!?!?

Punch Card
ramirezz

Same problem here. I haven't found any solution.

L.