Do you mean 
Token Ring
mokeyking

Scratching sounds coming from X220T

X220T

Core i7

8gb RAM

300gb HDD

This is something I've recently noticed. When I scroll down or up a web page, there seems to be a scratching sound that comes from within my tablet. I do not know what it is.   I'm just using my mouse, or touchpad, or the trackpoint, theres always a scratching sound which seems like its coming from the harddrive. The only moving part in my tablet is the harddrive correct? So is it the harddrive? What should I do? Replace the harddrive? Does my warranty cover it? I recieved this tablet from the manufacturer back in June, so I should still be under warranty.

Also, is it normal to be hearing a sort of white noise sound coming from the tablet is in sleep mode? 

I've never had this many problems from a laptop before (the first being the writing on the edges problem), please help!! Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I love this tablet even though I feel it is poorly built (I had to snap a part of the tablet case together when it came out of the box). I really do not want to have to send this tablet into Lenovo. 

Agotthelf
Topics: 145
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

Re: Scratching sounds coming from X220T

Hello mokeyking,

please tell us your exact type of X220t and used OS.

Which battery pack is installed? Which power adapter is being used? 90 or 65 watts?

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Token Ring
mokeyking

[ Edited ]

By type do you mean multitouch? Or do you need something like the product number?

Well, it is the multitouch version, and the OS is the Windows 7 Professional. With a 65 watt battery i believe

Token Ring
mokeyking

suggestions anyone?

Agotthelf
Topics: 145
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

Hi mokeyking,

please try another power adapter.

I can´t hear anything while moving the cusor. How loud is the noise?

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Token Ring
mokeyking

The white noise is not coming from the power adapter. The white noise comes when the tablet is in sleep mode and unplugged

The noise does not happen when I move the cursor. It only happens when I scroll on a webpage up or down. Other than that,. everything is fine. Also, the noise can only be heard in a quiet room, otherwise it is too quiet to hear. But I am worried about that sound. And the scratching sound seems like it comes from the area that the harddrive is at.