Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
kek1918

Similar Problem with Intel Wireless 5300, connection problems / disabled card , in Win7-x54

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my x200Tablet, 4GB, Win7Ent-x64

, and the solution might not be that simple...

My Intel 5300 Wireless will not work, and I have now tried a lot

Problem:

- After a fresh installation everything worked well, also the WLAN-card, but a later update with SystemUpdate4, complete, the Intel WLAN could not connect

- Since this was in the middle of sw-installation (like Office2010x32), with LAN,  I cannot precisely pinpoint where/what made it fail

- In (windows) ManageWirelessNetwork there is nothing, A "add" just give "An unexpected error occurred"

- In Lenovo Access Connections - Manage Wireless Radio (also Fn+F5)-  it shows WLAN with Status "Off", any use of button for "On"; Nothing happens (it stays "Off") (any use of other buttons responds at once)

- In Lenovo Access Connection program, it shows WIFI, but nothing is discovered, A test of a profile with WLAN ends with "Connection Failed" , in Test or "Help fix..", it reports error code 016, or eroor code 65537, "Association failed - wireless radio not powerd on"

- In IntelProSet Dignostics Tool fails at HW Test, with "The wireless adapter is disabled or uninstalled. Se Windows Help"  , but within Lenovo HW test, card and PCI ok, but Network Link Layer fails

Yes, I have:

- Checked Win System Logs, HW logs, just some "Wlan Autoconfig stopped", no serious errors, I think…

- Checked DevMgr, (enabled) it`s ok

- Checked for Viruses, worms+

- Radio button On

- BIOS radio On, settings seems ok

- PWR Always On

- Lenovo Batt. configured to High/full

- BIOS 3.15, SystemUpdate4, AccessControl 5.72

I have tried:

- BIOS upgrade (but not downgrade)

- Different drivers (also the 5100-series), both Microsoft 12.4.1.4 , and Intel 13.4.09

- Disable, reinstall, remove .NET-versions

- With, and without Lenovo Thinvantage\AccessCon., and/or Intel sw. Tried reinstall, update, rollback and remove

- AutoDiscovery, del card & driver from DevMgr

Since it probably happened after some updates, this issue might be connected to the update of:

- BIOS

- Drivers from TVSU4

- WinUpdate

It is several pretty similar new posts out there....  I have looked into some, but most of them seems to address problems with packet/connection drop, or the lack of updated drivers. Does anyone have a brilliant solution?

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 375
Solutions: 241

Re: Similar Problem with Intel Wireless 5300, connection problems / disabled card , in Win7-x54

you could try uninstalling the driver and then going on intel's site and letting intel scan your system. it should come up with a driver for you and install it for you.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 375
Solutions: 241

Re: Similar Problem with Intel Wireless 5300, connection problems / disabled card , in Win7-x54

you probably already did this but.  control panel, power options,  click change plan settings under your power plan, change advanced settings, under wireless click power saving mode and make sure both settings are set for maximum performance.

device manager, network adapters, right click your card, properties, uncheck "allow windows to turn off this device to save power".

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество