Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
JXtremophile

Tier X review, waiting for the replacement...Customer Service is incredibly unhelpful.

Hey,

So I had an unfortunate spill on my X220 Tablet about 10 days ago. Lenovo sent me a box to ship them my system, telling me it would only take 6 days with my Onsite + Thinkpad Protection Basic warranty.  I sent it in the EasyServ / IBM Depot 7 days ago, ad just received my Unrepaired machine this morning, with a note saying that It is a Tier X review and that they can't seem to find my warranty information. Every time I call the customer service, they keep telling me to e-mail this person through SSR Thinkproduct Technical Support, and they tell me that they can't help me. The person in the SSR Thinkproduct Technical Support, keeps telling me since last week that the depot has assigned the case to someone in Lenovo and it should take up to 48 hours for them to figure out if they are going to send me a new machine. This was said to me  on the 17th of May, and it's been a few business days since then. 

I can't believe that the customer service (in Atlanta, Georgia) keeps shouldering off and passing me through different departments. NO ONE wants to help with this matter or shine some light on this case for me. My only way of contact right now is through an e-mail address. I thought I paid almost 200 dollars for a warranty and some customer service, not just an E-mail address!  I'm hoping they clear this thing out and send me my new system soon, as I have work backed up. I hope this person that I'm contacting stays true and helps me with this case, but I figured I should put this up on the forum, maybe some of you can help me based on your last experiences with Lenovo.

Everytime I call the customer service, they laugh about it, and they actually hung up on me like twice already. No one wants to help, they are incredibly indifferent, except the man I'm in contact with through the e-mail. However, his information is limited and he seems to be not in charge of this whole thing. 

I'm kind of worried to wait, since all I can work with is this e-mail address, my warranty will expire in a month, and there seems to be MASSIVE lack of communication between lenovo representatives.

Let me know guys.

Lenovo Staff
Ty_Lenovo

Re: Tier X review, waiting for the replacement...Customer Service is incredibly unhelpful.

Hey JXtremophile,

Sending you a PM to try to get some assistance for you..

Thanks!

Punch Card
JXtremophile

Re: Tier X review, waiting for the replacement...Customer Service is incredibly unhelpful.

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:

I'm still waiting for lenovo to either send me a replacement (old model) or release the new model next week and send me a new model replacement. However, I'm being kept in the dark about the release "time period", and have been told to WAIT MORE. The guy that was supposedly helping me, assigned the case to a  lady from Lenovo. She is the one helping me through on and off e-mail messages right now. She seems to be nice and willing to help. However, I've gone through HELL with the customer support just to reach her after 2 weeks of waiting and constant mistakes made by the warranty department, depot, the customer service, and every living soul in Lenovo, not to mention the insulting tone and the fact that they HANG UP THE PHONE on you in Atlanta, Georgia call center. 

Although it is PUBLICALLY known that Lenovo X230 will be released on June 5th, the sales department has repeatedly told me that it will be released on June 5th, AND it says "Coming in June 2012" on Lenovo's website, they are still unwilling to tell me even the release MONTH of this machine. That being said, I'll update this post next week when there hopefully be more information regarding my case. 

PS: This has gone way too far. At some point I considered legal pursuit, and even had my Bank, credit company AND lawyer on alert regarding this matter. However, apart from all the bitter experience, I will be waiting until June 5th to see who is actually telling the truth.

Punch Card
JXtremophile

UPDATE:  

Well, the X230 Tablet DID get released today, as I mentioned. I've e-mailed the Lady that is in charge of my case so that she can put in the replacement order through for me and end this case once and for all. Should have some more news and updates soon. Hopefully good news. It's been 20 days so far. I'm waiting to hear back now.

Punch Card
Bobo03

Wow.  Keep us updated.  

I am headed to Grad school in August and had an x61 in undergrad. Thought about jumping back on the Lenovo team, but reports like this make me question 2k.  

Had my mind set on a MBA until I remembered my trust x61. 

Punch Card
JXtremophile

Re: Tier X review, waiting for the replacement..Customer Service is incredibly unhelpful.

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:

I was contacted by the lady in Charge of my case, and finally put the order for the X230 Tablet in yesterday. She notified me of a ETA of 6/13/2012, which I presume to be an EST and not an ETA, unless Lenovo is REALLY on top of their game this time, so much so that they could build and deliver a machine to me in a week (It's unheard of). BUT, I don't want to be pessimstic, although Lenovo has left a big bruise, but who knows, maybe they will actually deliver this time. I'll post another update on the 13th of June. Let's hope I get this Machine by then. It will be exactly 30 days on the 13th since I opened this **bleep** case.

To BoBo3: 

Yeah I'm going for an MBA too. From a Mechanical Engineering Undergrad. Thinkpads are great laptops, but if you are willing to put up with the corporate and customer service crap. Which is really no different than any other PC company I've worked with. I don't know, but I'm sure there are PC companies out there that wouldn't give me so much hell when I need to use my warranty. I'll update back on June 13, 2012. Fingers crossed!

Punch Card
JXtremophile

UPDATE:  

Shipping got pushed back to June 18th. The machine is on the critical list. I'm still waiting. Will update on June 18th.

nibs
Topics: 43
Kudos: 144
Solutions: 39

I'm confused. Did you order a new machine, or are you trying to deal with the warranty repair issue?

------------------------------------------
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.

My TPs: Twist 2HU: i5-3317U Win 8 Pro, 4GB RAM 250GB Samsung 840 | T420 4177CTO: i5-2520M, HD+, Win 7 Pro x64, 8GB RAM, Optimus, 160GB Intel 320 SSD, Intel 6300 WiFi, BT 3.0 | T400 2764CTO: P8700, WXGA, Win 7 Ult x64, AMD 3470, 8GB RAM, 64GB Samsung SSD, BT, Intel 5300 WiFi | A20m 14.1" PIII 500 (retired). Monitors: 2x Dell U2211h IPS 100% sRGB calibrated w/ Spyder3.
Punch Card
JXtremophile

[ Edited ]

I had to deal with the whole warranty thing for 2 weeks at first. They couldn't find my information even though if you go to Lenovo's website and put my info in, it'll pop up...so DUH Lenovo! And then It took them another week just to call me up and set me up with a replacement order. But I had to wait ANOTHER week for the new model to get released so that they can order it for me, and they wouldn't tell me that It'll be released in like 3 days! So I waited, and we finally put the replacement order through on June 6th. I was told to wait another week until the 13th to receive it. But on the 13th I was told again to wait until the 18th. See? It's been exaclty a month since I sent my broken machine in for the rapairs. But I'm hoping to receive it finally next week (The current ETA is for on or before the 18th).

I think the worst part was dealing with IBM's service center and Lenovo's Depot...once I passed that phase, everyone else became a bit more caring towards this issue. The Atlanta Georgia call center is just an abomination.  They treated me like TRASH. They would laugh and sometimes hang up the phone when I called! But that's now done with. I'll update again on the 18th. Let's hope they keep their word this time.