Support in other languages: 
JD
Paper Tape
JD

Re: Tips for blue screen (BSOD) errors with Windows Vista and Intel Turbo Memory

The way I resolved all of my X60 problems was to disable everything that Intel and Lenovo provided and disable automatic Lenovo software updates. I had to disable turbomemory completely just to be able to keep the machine on during business hours. I had to disable the hard drive gshock detector to keep the computer from freezing while I rode in a car or bus. I had to roll back the Intel wireless drivers to the 11.x version supplied with Vista because after a particular batch of automatic updates in January, the wireless radio would just shut off after a short period of use and require a hard boot to turn back on. I struggled for a few days downloading all of the latest software from Lenovo and Intel, but it honestly only multiplied my problems.

The hardware and case are extremely rugged and solid, but the software provided with it is absolute garbage. Definitely will not buy another Lenovo--at least, not to run Windows on.

Punch Card
nwgtr

Re: Tips for blue screen (BSOD) errors with Windows Vista and Intel Turbo Memory

i guess i'm not the only one with these problems.

sooner or later after everyone had bought a lenovo,  i don't think people are stupid enough to fall for them again and buy their products :smileysad:

I just hope lenovo would make some changes soon and fix things before it's too late

Paper Tape
mstyer

My tablet is rock-solid now that I've installed Fedora 10 on it... :smileywink:

IMHO the Lenovo product (i.e. the hardware, and even most of the Lenovo software) is pretty solid -- its the friggin Intel Turbo Memory that should never have been released into the world. Makes no visible difference and crashes all the time, but it also appears to be integrated with the HDD driver so I was never sure whether I could just uninstall it. Turning it off didn't help.

Punch Card
nwgtr

yea but fedora doesn't run the windows programs,  some people need microsoft office apps like onenote...etc

and how do I disable turbo memory anyways?  just uncheck from the intel turbo memory console?  I read somewhere never uncheck from there or else you would never know if turbo mem is on or off.  This is kinda gay when I paid for the 2gb turbo memory and end up not being able to use it without it causing problems.

i'm getting lock ups sometimes and blackscreen when I bootup or sleep/hibernate.  so I'm not sure if turbo memory is the culprit. I tried disabling a lot of things