Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
manthei2

UltraNav trackpoint and touchpad disabled after switching from tablet to notebook

[ Edited ]

I'm having a problem with my X201 tablet where when I switch from tablet to notebook the touchpad and trackpoint are disabled.  I'm unable to enable them as the boxes are grayed out in the Ultranav tab of the Mouse Control Panel option.  The only way to correct this is to uninstall then reinstall the touchpad driver and ultranav software.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: UltraNav trackpoint and touchpad disabled after switching from tablet to notebook

hey manthei2,

do a crosscheck with the current touchpad and ultranav driver version that you have with our support site. if yours is a lower version kindly download the latest and install it.

curious to know, when did this issue start ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Fanfold Paper
anishannayya

Re: UltraNav trackpoint and touchpad disabled after switching from tablet to notebook

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem.

Every time I restart the computer, Windows seems to update it, and this problem is there. I can't keep uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers everytime I need to use the computer (and I have to do that with an external or by touching the screen).

I should mention, I am using the latest drivers, and the issue began the last time there was an update for trackpoint. Perhaps I will try downgrading to the older software, and see if that works (though I'm sure that automatic updates will just reinstall the new version).

If I go into the mouse settings to edit this, the UltraNav settings are all greyed out.

Paper Tape
manthei2

Mine are also updated with the latest drivers. I just recently started using the tablet function frequently, so I don't know when exactly it started happening.
Fanfold Paper
anishannayya

I can tell you for sure that it started happening after the latest update to the trackpoint drivers.

I use my laptop daily.

My issue happens every time I restart AND when I change from tablet to notebook.

Obviously, this is frustrating, because I am a college student who flips back and forth several times a day.

Fanfold Paper
anishannayya

Okay, Lenovo seems to have updated their drivers.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Uninstall the driver and the utility in Uninstall utility from the Control Panle.
2. Launch System Update (Lenovo, not Windows), and grab all the new updates.

You system should be fixed now, and you can edit the mouse settings and sensitivity. Problem solved!

What's DOS?
atommax

Install synaptics driver instead from here

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

it fixes the problem for both the red dot and the trackpad. AND you get scybe also !

/Kristian

Blue Screen Again
monkeyA

I encountered this issue under 2 situations: 1) switching from/between tablet-notebook mode, and 2) resumed from sleep mode.  Even updated of the UltraNav driver to latest one, it can't help.  However, I found a workaround, it works for me.  I can re-activate it by pressing Fn+F8.

What's DOS?
chrisgiles

Do you mean the "Thankpad Button Driver"??

I've got this same problem with my new 220 Tablet Convertible and I can enable the Trackpoint or the Touchpad.  How do I uninstall the right driver to reinstall the right driver???

What's DOS?
chrisgiles

Sorry not so clear...
My Trackpoint and Touch pad cannot be enabled...and somehow they were UN-enabled...after I switched between tablet and notebook mode.
Now after reading these postings, you say to uninstall teh driver...which driver? Is it the "Thinkpad Button Driver"??? It doesn't sound right. I don't want to uninstall something unesessarily.