Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
TheMan

Volume buttons interfere with firefox plugins

Hey there ThinkPad community!

Recently I have noticed that when using the Adobe Reader Plugin for firefox the volume won't change anymore upon pressing the volume buttons. The onscreen display pops up showing the current volume yet it won't increase or decrease. When pressing the mute button nothing happens at all. This behavior only occurs when the focus is set on the plugin (i.e. I have clicked somewhere on the PDF)

Also when I am watching a flash video like this one: German News (and again the focus is on the plugin) odd things like video pausing will happen whenever I press or hold one of the three volume buttons. At least then the volume does change.

Is this a problem of firefox or is it one of the ThinkPad drivers?

I am using firefox 11.0

Adobe Acrobat plugin version 10.1.1.33

Shockwave Flash plugin version 11.1.102.62

on a X201t with Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1

I will tell You the versions of the "volume button control programs" if You tell me which ones those are.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Volume buttons interfere with firefox plugins

Hello TheMan and welcome to community,

The issue is with the software compatibility with firefox.

Kindly install the updated hot key and power management driver and check if it resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Guru
ColonelONeill

This happens with my preferred media player (Splash Pro) because it insists on hooking the keyboard media keys, which overrides default behavior.

Haven't had it happen in Firefox, though.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Fanfold Paper
TheMan

Hello Tanuj,

sorry for the late reply, but my ThinkPad just stopped working the other day and is currently in repair at Lenovo. I will post if it worked as soon as I get it back.

Ciao,

TheMan

Fanfold Paper
TheMan

Hey!

Luckily I got my laptop back :smileyvery-happy: and so I ran the Lenovo update tool and this is what I have now:

power management driver version: 1.65.05.20

power management program: 6.07

hot key driver: 1.04 (I'm not 100% sure if this one's the correct driver as it doesn't say "hot key" in my driver list - just what I think should be the German translation)

sadly the update didn't change the behavior of those firefox plugins at all... what else could be going wrong?

Paper Tape
divB

Hi,

I have the same issue :smileysad:

Latest updates and drivers installed, of course.

As soon as the acrobat plugin in firefox looses focus, the volumen settings work again.

Standalone firefox are also no isses.

Thanks

divB