Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
sabbas
Accepted Solution

WWAN Capable. What's it?

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

I'm awaiting my x220 tablet delivery in UAE with the following specs.

X220 Tablet,i7-2620M,4 GB (1333), 320GB / 7200rpm, 12.5" HD, WWAN Capable, 2x2 WLAN, Multitouch,Y-Cam HD 720p,Y-BT,Y-FPR,WWAN Capable,Intel 6205 AGN,6cell 66WHr,Win7-Pro64,3 Year Depot Warranty

I've seen both WWAN capable and WWAN ready in lenovo site which confuses me. Could somone please clarify what WWAN Capable/Ready means? I've seen posts saying that someone machines needs to be opened up to install 3G :-( Also this is my first ThinkPad. What will be the first resource I should use to get me up and running on the machine when i recieve it?

Thank you. 

Shereef

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: WWAN Capable. What's it?

Hello sabbas and welcome to community,

Your laptop is WWAN capable as you need to get 3G module install from service center and then you can access the Internet from SIM card.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
sabbas

Thank you for clarification.

could you help me with one more thing. The product number for my machine is NYK2UAD which is not shown in any lenovo site. could you please clarify if it's original part number and the model has IPS display? Another question is which 3G card will work in UAE? Is there plan to support windows 8 on this machine with full drivers including 3G?

Thank you in advance.

regards,

Shereef

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Hi Shereef 

Can you share the machine type number so the detail can be get.

There should not be any issue in using 3G, Windows 8 official launch yet to come and then we will get all information on it.

Once the Windows 8 launch we will get the product detail which will be compatible with Windows 8.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
sabbas

Hi Tanuj,

Thank you for the reply. As i mentioned, I only have the product number as the machine is to arrive by next week. In UAE, we are left at the mercy of distributors who decides which products we get :-) resellers and customers don't have much info or options to choose from.

This is what I recieved from the vendor:

Model#NYK2UAD
Specifications: X220 Tablet,i7-2620M,4 GB (1333), 320GB / 7200rpm, 12.5" HD, WWAN Capable,
2x2 WLAN, Multitouch,Y-Cam HD 720p,Y-BT,Y-FPR,WWAN Capable,Intel 6205
AGN,6cell 66WHr,Win7-Pro64,3 Year Depot Warranty

I'll update, once I get the machine.

I've seen this article http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2393329,00.asp which is positive on Windows 8 on x220 Tablet :-) Fingers crossed!

Thank you

regards,

Shereef