Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Sonsurion

Wacom releases Pressure sensitivity fix driver for tablet devices

Earlier today, Microsoft and Wacom announced a new driver for mobile devices with Wacom drivers to give full pressure sensitivity in programs like Photoshop and Corel Painter. Twitter quote below:

We posted a new driver for devices with Wacom Feel IT! Technology inside, giving you pressure sensitivity in apps. http://bit.ly/YIqQ29 

This should work for the Helix. (Anyone out there that can test and confirm would be great.)

SCSI Port
sveintore

Re: Wacom releases Pressure sensitivity fix driver for tablet devices

[ Edited ]

I get a "not supported" message :smileysad:

Until I removed the pen from it's place on the display. Then it installs fine. 

I don't have any apps to utilize it so can't test anything :smileysad:

Edit: works great :smileyhappy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42224086@N08/8725654216/

Edit 2:

To clarify. Remove the pen before installing, or it won't find any hardware to support. 

Punch Card
dkNigs

The only pressure sensitive desktop app I have right now is OneNote 2013, but seems to work fine in that. Hadn't tried using it before so don't know if it made a difference.
____
Lenovo Helix i7 256gb... wish I bought a Surface Pro for better support...
Punch Card
rberman

Just tried it and it has done the trick for me. Tested it using Photoshop CS3.0. Before, there was no pressure sensitivity and now there most certainly is.

Thanks for posting.

Fanfold Paper
Redrabbit

I tried the new driver and hat issues with my Helix coming out of sleep mode. The pen stopped working on the whole screen and pointer only moved in the upper left corner of the screen.Normal touch mode is still working as intended. 

I deinstalled the driver as i do not want to restart the Helix each time i turn it on.

Punch Card
dkNigs

I've had the same issue sometimes, restarting the wacom isd service fixes it without a restart.

____
Lenovo Helix i7 256gb... wish I bought a Surface Pro for better support...
Punch Card
thekidd7

So yeah, hey guys, if y'all were wondering about the pressure sensitivity, and Photoshop, then I made a video just for you.

http://youtu.be/7kOqKx87zzY

Also, if you haven't already downloaded the latest Wacom drivers, I suggest you do that. Aside from that, if you've installed the most recent ones, instead of restarting your Helix if you forgot to boot with the pen out, you can just sign out, with the pen out, and it pretty much does the same fix.

Paper Tape
ndsmith1987

What other pens can be used?

Can anyone tell me what specific tech the helix employs for the digitizer? I would like to get a better pen to use with it, but want to buy the right one. It seems that Wacom offers several different varieties. 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Milowerx

Re: What other pens can be used?

Any 'penabled' pen will work with the Helix so this will work perfectly.

The only drawback (which REALLY ticks me off) is that you MUST take the stupid default toothpick pen out of it's silo for this pen to work. I really do like my Helix but there were some STUPID decisions factored into the design. Another is that you can't use the **bleep** keyboard when it's not docked. Seems like you should be able to do that since it's Bluetooth. Lenovo SAYS you can do that but you can't. Why would I want to do that? Because you need to undock it to draw on the screen but with programs like Photoshop you still need the keyboard so I now have to lug a usb keyboard around when my Lenovo's keyboard is sitting right next to me. Ridiculous. Even Microsoft figured out how to do that with the Surface Pro (albiet wiht an optional accessory, but still)

Oh and the new Feelit driver worked for me as well!