Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
takosan

Wasn't there a thread with clean install instructions on X220T?

Greetings!

I've haven't been back here for a while and now I can't find a thread that contained pretty detailed instructions on doing a clean install of Win7 on X220T with minimally necessary drivers for multi-touch and pen use. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

After a hair over a year the system seems slower to me but again I haven't done a clean install so there must be a lot of unneeded processes running.

Thank you for your help!

Takosan

Lenovo Staff
Serene_Lenovo

Re: Wasn't there a thread with clean install instructions on X220T?

Takosan, oh-hi-yo!

To look for existing discussions or previous threads, conduct a word search by inputting in the field on the top right of the page and select where you want results to appear.

search.jpg

The following thread came up - hope it can help with your issue!

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/My-X220t-Clean-Install-Method/m-p/66120...

WW Social Media
T420, Yoga 13, Yoga Tab 8, K900
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Guru
ExJamJus

takosan,

Rather than clean install, try doing defrag and also remove those software which might be taking up heaps of resources causing your laptop to slow down. Also might consider doing a defrag?

Or you can try clean installation like you always wanted =)
*Non Lenovo employee*
Punch Card
takosan

ohayo Serene_Lenovo! Yes, I believe that is the thread. I must've doing something wrong with my parameters for the search.

Takosan
Punch Card
takosan

Thank you ExJamJus. I did a manual defrag and it didn't take long ... WIndows 7's scheduled defrag seemed to have been doing it's job every week.

Yeps, I do want to try the clean install I've always wanted to do even though I still have no time! What I'm interested in is bringing down the running process count (currently over 100) if I only install minimal Lenovo services and also as the price of SSD has fallen, move to that.

Takosan