Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
wustlumdnj

When will the next X series tablet come out?

This is probably a quesiton asked way too often over here; if so, I apologize. It seems x220t prices are not what they used to be (a bit lower, am I right?).  Is it time in the cycle for Lenovo to release a new X series tablet? Are they waiting for Windows 8? I need a new laptop for med school (starting ~October), would you guys recommend me purchasing a x220t now (and giving my X201t to my mom), or sticking to my lemon of an X201t (2 hour batt life due to bad batt, cracked screen, much slower than it should be) and waiting until lenovo drops its next X series tablet/waiting until windows 8?

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: When will the next X series tablet come out?

[ Edited ]

wustlumdnj wrote:

I need a new laptop for med school (starting ~October),

you might be in luck that before October there are new models. You need to watch Intel and what's happening with Ivy Bridge, the next platform.

disclaimer; I've truly no idea, pure speculation on my part, but consider it for credible :smileywink:

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Fanfold Paper
wustlumdnj

What do you think about a new model coming out around October that isn't windows 8, with windows 8 right around the corner at that point?  Would it be a bad buy? Or am I just chasing the dragon at that point by continously waiting up to another year to buy a computer I would love right now? [clearly a portion of the latter, but curious about the former]

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

You'll know as soon as I know. Lenovo will NOT publish information in advance, especially not here. To be honest you chose the wrong place to ask your question, all that members can do is "speculate"

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Punch Card
kharv

I service Lenovo x series tablets for a private school and we are awaiting information as well.

From what we have been told from our sales rep, we should not expect information until around Spring on the successor to the x220t.

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

My guess is that there will be a new X-series tablet based on Intel's 2012 platform sometime during the first half of 2012.  Then there will be another tablet (maybe not X-series) released to coincide with Windows 8 during the second half of 2012 - or whenever Windows 8 ends up shipping.  Just a guess on my part.  :-)

Fanfold Paper
wustlumdnj

thanks for your responses

SCSI Port
Azfargh

Well there IS some leaked data about... probably an accident.

In a new type of power cable for new Lenovo laptops are listed compatibility with Thinkpad X230 with 3 letters after the serie number... but no "T"... maybe yet. 

Well... still, I think is good news! X220 was the percursor of the X220T, so... hopes are high!