Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jwb
Lenovo Employee
jwb

Why is battery FRU 93P5032 not included in the recall?

I have a Sanyo battery with the sudden death syndrome which is the subject of the current recall.  According to this old post:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/8-cell-Li-ion-battery-for-quot-X60Table...

... the 93P5032 FRU is "equivalent" to 42T5208, but the latter was recalled while the former was not.  Why is this battery not included in the recall?  I'm really disappointed that my battery has failed after only 150 cycles.  I would appreciate if this FRU was added to the recall list.

Paper Tape
lectrol

Re: Why is battery FRU 93P5032 not included in the recall?

I came on to this forum to complain about the SAME problem. I have the same FRU battery as you. with the same annoying sudden death syndrome. It is very horrible timing because i need my tablet for class. I just got off the phone with lenovo for about an hour and they didnt seem to be much help. I did, however get transfered up to tier 2 support and yelled asked politly if he would express my concerns to lenovo. Hopefully something happens! the 93P5032  NEEDS to be on that list. Same problems as all the others.

My set up:

7764-CTO

FRU: 93P5032

Battery age: 13 months (ugh...)

jwb
Lenovo Employee
jwb

Re: Why is battery FRU 93P5032 not included in the recall?

What # did you call?

Paper Tape
lectrol

plRe: Why is battery FRU 93P5032 not included in the recall?

1-800-426-7378 Call and explain  your situation, and do not get off the phone with them untill they get your battery serial number from you. Otherwise they can not forward the information off to lenovo. Make sure you give them a hard time! They need to know that there are other batteries having the same problem!

Paper Tape
lectrol

Re: plRe: Why is battery FRU 93P5032 not included in the recall?

[ Edited ]

I won! lenovo is giving me a new battery! w00t. I nice lenovo employee, Jamie, gave me a call today saying that he thinks that my battery should be replaced under warrenty. If you battery is just a couple months out of warrenty, i bet he will replace yours as well. Give him a call at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

-Leif

Note from Moderator:  Employee information removed per forum rules.

Punch Card
aliencam

I have the same problem,

Battery FRU: 93P5032

Battery ASM: 42T5209

I have tried two different versions of the battery recall software, and one crashes my computer completely, the other says I am not elegible.

I have called support 5 or 6 times and they won't tell me anything except "download the battery program" and "that is not our department".  They will not transfer me to level 2 (one guy was really rude about this), and they will not take my serial or FRU number.  One person CSR even told me there is no battery recall on X61-tablets...

Lectrol, what did you do in order to get a call back?

jwb
Lenovo Employee
jwb

Good for you, lectrol!  Too bad the mod edited out that phone number.  Maybe you can send it to us in a private message.

-jwb

Blue Screen Again
fireblast713

Having the same issue, battery just suddently died on me today

Sanyo

148 cycles

Never had this happen to me before, what ended up happing with your guys' issues is there a # I should call?

Fanfold Paper
steve_t

Same sudden death problem here, 2 days out of warranty :smileysad:

sanyo

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 636

steve_t, welcome to the forum,

you stated 2 days out of warranty. Is that 2 days as shown here on the warranty lookup site, or 2 days after 1 year from your purchase invoice date? There is a difference which might be a deciding factor in your case.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog