Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
Azfargh

Wish lists for the x240t?

So...  fans of Lenovo Thinkpad X convertible series... rejoice! Let us give guidance for the one to come!

- Quad i7 Ivy processor

- Full HD screen resolution

- Gorilla Glass Multitouch

- Discrete Graphic Card

- Better/louder speakers

- Switchable keyboards panels

- More precise screen for stylus use (yes, that includes every corner)

- Portable dockstation with cooling, speaker, battery extender, diskdrive/hd, discrete graphics (in case of the built-in-laptop version being impossible) features for x240t

- Keep the awesome Thinkpad design

Read it well executives from Lenovo! People (including me) are leaving for Fujitsu convertibles! Don't let this happen! Save the x convertible series!

HDMI
hp79

Re: Wish lists for the x240t?

Sorry, but what is there to rejoice? Unless the X convertible becomes more popular, the next version of X230T will probably be just a minor refresh with the same problems inherited.

But a wish list is just a wish list, so here are mine which I think are more doable.

-1920x1080 resolution screen, or at least 1600*900 (would prefer 4:3 though)
-Direct bonded glass screen - to reduce the gap between the pen and actual screen
-Stylus accuracy
-Remove the dummy WAN antenna plastic part on the lid for non WAN users
-Remove dummy fingerprint reader if user chooses not to have fingerprint reader

Bulky is forgivable as long as it does a good job on keeping it cool and quiet, and build quality is good.
Token Ring
del_psi

hp79 wrote:
Sorry, but what is there to rejoice? Unless the X convertible becomes more popular, the next version of X230T will probably be just a minor refresh with the same problems inherited.

But a wish list is just a wish list, so here are mine which I think are more doable.

-1920x1080 resolution screen, or at least 1600*900 (would prefer 4:3 though)
-Direct bonded glass screen - to reduce the gap between the pen and actual screen
-Stylus accuracy
-Remove the dummy WAN antenna plastic part on the lid for non WAN users
-Remove dummy fingerprint reader if user chooses not to have fingerprint reader

Bulky is forgivable as long as it does a good job on keeping it cool and quiet, and build quality is good.

Most of us are just going to go with the Fujitsu T902 when the comes out.

HDMI
hp79

Fujitsu T902 looks really good with 1600*900 Gorilla glass and modular bay for spare battery. But the starting price is very high at $1900, and I don't think they do deep discounts like Lenovo or Dell.

My X230T cost me $1110.. Win7pro, i5, intel wifi 6205, bt, webcam, backlit keyboard, 500gb hdd, 6 cell battery, 3 year warranty.
Token Ring
del_psi

[ Edited ]

hp79 wrote:
Fujitsu T902 looks really good with 1600*900 Gorilla glass and modular bay for spare battery. But the starting price is very high at $1900, and I don't think they do deep discounts like Lenovo or Dell.

My X230T cost me $1110.. Win7pro, i5, intel wifi 6205, bt, webcam, backlit keyboard, 500gb hdd, 6 cell battery, 3 year warranty.

Newegg will probably sell it a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

But anyway , sometimes you have to pay extra for quality. After my experiences with Fujitsu I'd say it's worth it.

You also get extra features that lenovo didn't want to add (Gorilla glass with dual digitizer , very accurate digitizer , 1600 x 900 screen , thin design , etc.)

Token Ring
del_psi

If the x230t was designed better , I wouldn't mind paying $1900 for it since I can afford it.

By cutting corners lenovo is just going to force many of us to buy an alternative (e.g. Fujitsu Lifebook T902 ).

SCSI Port
Azfargh

del_psi:

Just got your answer at the "x230t pen" topic. Fujitsu sounds really the best choice.

If x240t reviews goes as x230t or x220t... that's it, I'm switching brand.

The pen on my x220t just allows me to draft, nothing more closer to pro stuff... it's really frustrating.

What's DOS?
fducros

Guys, 

All these wishes are wonderful but I do not see a lot of progress on the X tablet line.

The current resolution of the x230t is ridiculous. Most tablets have nearly the same resolution.

Some high end phones are reaching it. High-end tablets are now full HD...

For comparison, My old X61T (4-5 year old?) has a resolution of 1600x1200 with an IPS screen.

I could not care much for gorilla glass because experience has shown me velvet feel is much better for writing, and Windows handwriting recognition is soooooo good, it can pick up things I couldn't even read myself...

I concur with everyone, no x240t for me, unless they really up their game... It will be T902 or Microsoft Surface... maybe Sony as the Z and SE series are excellent (I am writing this from my SE17 Full HD).

Keep pushing. These ThinkPad guys are in idle since they got acquired by Lenovo.

Token Ring
del_psi

fducros wrote:

Guys, 

All these wishes are wonderful but I do not see a lot of progress on the X tablet line.

The current resolution of the x230t is ridiculous. Most tablets have nearly the same resolution.

Some high end phones are reaching it. High-end tablets are now full HD...

For comparison, My old X61T (4-5 year old?) has a resolution of 1600x1200 with an IPS screen.

I could not care much for gorilla glass because experience has shown me velvet feel is much better for writing, and Windows handwriting recognition is soooooo good, it can pick up things I couldn't even read myself...

I concur with everyone, no x240t for me, unless they really up their game... It will be T902 or Microsoft Surface... maybe Sony as the Z and SE series are excellent (I am writing this from my SE17 Full HD).

Keep pushing. These ThinkPad guys are in idle since they got acquired by Lenovo.

If you want a velvet feel you can use a felt nib instead of the standard plastic nib.

SCSI Port
ttran

[ Edited ]

@Hey del_psi, in the previous thread you told me T901 fusitsu is quiet, that is good to know. How about the temperature? Does it run cool. 

I'm glad that your fusitsu doesn't make high pitch noise, the X tablet series make these noise that I belive can kill me in a long term of use, I believe these noise's frequencies are not good to human at all, though a lot of you cannot or don't want to notice it.