Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community SuperMod
bananaman

X Series Tablets Shipping discussion (2012-2013)

[ Edited ]

All,

Post your shipping and order management experiences here.

Here are some common points of frequent discussion:

• How to get a system fast: Buy an in-stock standard configuration from Lenovo or a Lenovo Partner in your area. Customized systems take longer.
  • Avoid Credit Holds - ensure that BOTH your bill to and ship to addresses are listed with your CC bank before ordering 
  • Lenovo will NOT bill your card until order ships - an authorization charge hold to check for available balance may show up when order is first placed. 
  • Estimated ship dates are based on default lead time and can vary from what was displayed on website. 
  • In the US and Canada, Lenovo utilizes UPS for new product shipments 
  • Orders may ship before the Estimated Ship Date 
  • Orders may enter through Alaska and pass through Louisville, KY before traveling on to final address 
  • Cancellation requests may take up to 2 days to process 
  • Requests to change configuration or other aspects of the order may require the order to be rebooked. 
  • Lenovo does not accept payment via international credit cards, except AMEX. 
  • 2011 shipping discussions for Thinkpad X Series Tablets can be viewed -->here<--.
  • 2010 -->here<--.
  • Prior to 2010 -->here<---.
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
SCSI Port
DUTCHvanAtlanta

Re: X Series Tablets Shipping discussion (2012)

[ Edited ]

Shipping for my order has just been delayed for a week and a half.  If this happens again, it may become necessary to cancel this thing.

Moderator edit: Changed year in subject to 2012.

SCSI Port
DUTCHvanAtlanta

[ Edited ]

DUTCHvanAtlanta wrote:

Shipping for my order has just been delayed for a week and a half.  If this happens again, it may become necessary to cancel this thing.

I hope Lenovo computers are better than their order system.  After receiving notice that the ship date had been postponed from 6 Jan to 17 Jan, it shipped on 8 Jan.  I hope they have their manufacturing act together better than how they handle orders.  Their order system seems like it's a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_fire_drill being directed by the Keystone Kops.

Moderator edit: Changed year in subject to 2012.

Paper Tape
VinP

DUTCH: Good luck with the shipping. I inccured shipping delays as well. Save yourself the time and effort. Cancel the order and buy a Fujitsu tablet. That is what I plan to do now. They are a proven brand and a leader in tablet PCs.

Paper Tape
VinP

Dear All-

Please refer to my thread below in regard to shipping issues and customer service.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/New-received-X220t-NO-stylus-in-the-bay...

Thank you.

HDMI
hp79

I dont care if it delays a week or two, as long as the quality is okay and doesnt have any 3 feet standing problem or loose rubber hinge on both side the keyboard.

I placed order on 6/29, it showed estimated ship date 7/5, actually shipped on 7/6.
Paper Tape
peter41

mine arrived today 3 days ahead of schedule to London. Happy days!
Serial Port
hallo_jerry

the last X230T (i5/multitouch/320GB/4GB) ordered at Lenovo.com/de on Sept.5.

On Sept. 9, email from lenovo.de (Digital River) saying product ready for UPS, the same day came with the UPS tracking code.

On Sept. 13, product received from UPS

there was no estimated date for delivery on the website of order status (www.findmyorder.com), though it was mentioned in the order confirmation that it might take 1-2weeks + 3-6days delivery

Fanfold Paper
virodeath

Just picked up the X230 Tablet.

Ordered it on 11/6/12 and it was delivered on 11/19/12.

I was very concerned being that I had ordered an IdeaPad Y560 about 2 years ago and it got lost in Texas and it took about 2 months to get me a replacement due to the demand on the then new i7 chips.

I do have one gripe,  I thought it would come with a pen, kind of the entire purpose I bought the X230 tablet and not the Twist.  It didn't come in the hole in the computer and I don't see it anywhere in the box so I need to contact my sales rep. tomorrow about that.

Other than the pen issue I thought assembly and shipping were quite reasonable this time around.

Viro

Paper Tape
Polly

The digitizer pen is an optional accessory. It was $49 when I placed my order on the 25th.

Meanwhile, my pen has apparently shipped, but the estimated ship date for the laptop has changed from 12/1/2012 to 3/4/2013, with a "released to manufacturing" status. When I called, the rep said that's because manufacturing hasn't picked up the order yet, and that it should revert back once it's in production. Would I be too optimistic to believe him? If so, what are my options? I can't wait until March.