Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
estalnaker

X200 Tablet Cannot upgrade BIOS

[ Edited ]

Recently had M/B replaced due to failure and am now attempting to upgrade the BIOS to alleviate some issues that it has.  I downloaded the 6duj32uc.iso and burned to CD as required for Vista 64 machines, booted from the CD and read instructions in option 1. 

When I try to do option 2 to upgrade the system, I receive an error "Bios Directory not found."  I tried burning with Nero, Magic ISO and some others (wasted 5 CD's) and get the same error each time.  Any ideas?

System Info:

Type 7449-EKU

Windows Vista Bus. 64

BIOS: 2.07

CPU Core 2 L9400 1.86G

Message Edited by estalnaker on 07-01-2009 12:06 PM
Get a privacy screen, then you know who's trying to watch what you do...
X200 Tablet
7449-EKU
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,323
Solutions: 285

Re: X200 Tablet Cannot upgrade BIOS

estalnaker,

We have released version 3.02 of the X200 tablet BIOS.  The ISO files to burn a CD are 7wuj3luc.iso and are available here.

Could I ask you to try to get these and see if they burn properly.  I hate to ask you to risk making another frisbee (since you have a small collection already by the sound of it) but this may be a way to a quicker solution than trying to debug the other file.

Thanks,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
estalnaker

Burned the CD and did not get the error this time.  However, I left my AC adapter at home this morning so will have to wait until this evening to really try the upgrade.  Still wondering how I got to the old BIOS page unless my desktop cached it though.

Thanks for the quick reply and I'll update tonight as soon as I get a chance to run the update.

Get a privacy screen, then you know who's trying to watch what you do...
X200 Tablet
7449-EKU
Fanfold Paper
solzont

[ Edited ]
Mark, thanks for your help so far.  But, after I download the .iso file, when I boot the .iso I only get a blank screen with a flashing cursor.
Message Edited by solzont on 07-28-2009 10:00 AM
Blue Screen Again
derek4431

I updated the BIOS to the x200 tablet 3.11 version and am now getting the same problem that many report here with 15 min boot times.

I checked the BIOS work around (disableing the Intel vT whatever) and both Intel vT items were already disabled.

Need help if anybody has a clue.

Type 7448-CTO

Windows 7

BIOS: 2.07

CPU Core 2 L9400 1.86G

Ctrl-Alt-Del
carmenr

this is stupendously incompetent, i think

ive used dozens of ASUS/Acer/MSI mobos over the years and never experienced anything like it

been thu every update since about 3.04 hoping there would be a fix (even a tantalizing message about fixing slow boot times in the 3.11 release notes :smileysad:)

downgrade to 2.06 fails here as well - the thing just never 'finishes'

Blue Screen Again
derek4431

Actually, the downgrade to 2.06 worked for my X200 tablet. I was stunned to see it actually boot normally after doing so.

Thank GOODNESS someone put that file on a server we could get at. I doubt I'll ever try to upgrade the BIOS on this laptop again.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
carmenr

suppose you ran the Windows updater?

installing windows + running the update would take a couple hours - id have to reboot about 8 times to recoup

the installer running from DOS/memdisk/GRUB just freezes and never finishes when using 2.06

Punch Card
milliken

Ref: X200 - 7448CTO

Guys,  do I need to upgrade the BIOS after upgrading Vista to Windows 7?  Reading so many problems with BIOS I am reluctant to do it.  What would be the downside to NOT doing a BIOS upgrade?

Also, anyone knows the Blue ThinkVantage button function is after the Windows7 upgrade?  I am assuming the Windows7 upgrade disc would do some magic in the background to update the ThinkVantage button.  We are all facing the same problem, I guess.  Any help here?

Thanks,

Eric

What's DOS?
gamecockfan

I am new to the forums and in need of help. I just updated my BIOS to 3.11 and have been experiencing 15-20 minute boot times. I have tried to reinstall BIOS and use bootable CD but both give me a message saying the version is identical to what is currently installed and won't let me override it. Any help???