Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
jtenniswood

Re: X200 Tablet, Win7, Black screen freeze on sleep

I'm just started having the same issue, I have very few lenovo drivers and is hasn't happened for the last year I've been using Windows 7. Very odd

Any tips would be warmly welcomed!

James

Paper Tape
thameoro

Re: X200 Tablet, Win7, Black screen freeze on sleeps rid

Gents, this is a ridiculous issue and agree it renders the computer virtually useless for those who are power users.  Complete waste a money to buy a high-end Lenovo.  Has anyone used the HP Tablet that is comparable?

Fanfold Paper
zdaroff

Re: X200 Tablet, Win7, Black screen freeze on sleeps rid

There's a Windows 7 Update Module that shows up when you run the Lenovo Update Utility tool now... The issue is discussed in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974476

So it's obvious that Microsoft is aware of the issue, but here's the frustrating bit: The update fails to install on our machines. Every time I've tried to run the update, whether it's through the lenovo update utility or just through downloading the hotfix through Microsoft's site, an error will always pop up indicating that "The update is not applicable to your computer."

Checking over the requirements for the update, I've found NO reason for this message to show up. The Lenovo update utility shows that the X200 tablet (which is what I'm using) is one of the affected units. The Microsoft KB article indicates that my verison of Windows 7 (Professional x64) is among the affected operating systems.

The issue has something to do with a bug in the USB Suspend settings in Win7... "Disabling" USB suspend mode in the Lenovo Power Utility does NOT make a difference here, as I've encountered the same black-screen freeze when attempting to put the computer to sleep with the feature disabled. I've sent in a service request to Microsoft about the hotfix install problem, and I'm apparently supposed to receive an answer within 24 hours...

As everyone here is well aware, this is a pretty bothersom bug within Windows. I've seen some folks here mention success in "Switching Users" prior to attempting sleep mode... You'll know for sure that your computer will fail to enter sleep mode if it already fails to enter into "Locked" mode (Win key + L, or "Lock" in the start menu). I guess right now my course of action for when I want to put the machine to sleep will be... check to see if the computer will Lock... if it DOES, then great - close the lid and be done with it... if it FAILS to lock, try switching users, check to see if it'll lock now, and THEN put it to sleep... does that sound right?

Fanfold Paper
hbertolo

Same problem with my machine. None of the Microsoft hotfixes solved it.

This is a serious issue for a business class machine and Lenovo needs to address it promptly. Every day that I go into another engineer-filled meeting with this issue, Lenovo is losing business.

Fanfold Paper
maxleibest

I have another post about this issue also

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/X200t-Tablet-Hibernation-Problems/td-p/...

The issue is very annoying, sometimes I would need to hard reset, I mean, I paid for a couple thousand for this machine, and it's giving me a hard time DAILY.

Now there are more NEW problems:

1. Fingerprint isn't working, sigh.

2. Sometimes I plug in a USB device and it said that the device has malfunctioned, which is NOT. I plugged in my iPhone and it said that it doesn't work, where I plug it in another computer, it worked perfectly. So I have a FAULTY USB.

I called support, they don't know how to solve it, only to be told to reformat, but I had this problem the FIRST day. It's definately some driver problem.

Fanfold Paper
maxleibest

I realized that the USB malfunctioned also applies to the finger print reader, now I have a malfunctioned finger print reader also.

Ok Lenovo, I paid a lot to get the best specs, and plus a 4 year warranty, now it's only been, let me see, 2 months or less, and I have a machine that is currently falling apart.

Updating the Finger Print Reader's doesn't help. Oh god...

rmk
Blue Screen Again
rmk

I was running into this as well.  After a week of trying different combinations of software/drivers, I believe I've solved the problem by downgrading to BIOS version 3.08.  Obviously a  BIOS issue makes a lot more sense than anything software relateded.

I was previously running 3.11 when I had the issues, though I suspect 3.10 is bad as well.

Serial Port
wirex

I'd love to test running the 3.08 bios, but they don't have it posted to the x200t bios update page, and more concerningly, the major change in 3.09 is for Win7 support.

How'd you manage to downgrade, and are you running win7?

rmk
Blue Screen Again
rmk

[ Edited ]

I just burned an ISO image and connected a USB DVD drive.  That's the safest/easist way.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70652

Scroll down a bit and you'll see links to download all the available versions.

Serial Port
wirex

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70652

Lists 3.08 as "not released to web", with the closest version being 3.09.