Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
eidam655

X200 Tablet network card turning off/on when screen goes black and back

hi all,

i have a small, but somewhat annoying problem with my x200 tablet.

my usual setup is such that i work on the desktop computer, which is connected by cable to my laptop. after 20 (or so) minutes of inactivity the laptop's screen turns off (this is standard behavior, we all know this). however, when this happens, the laptop becomes inaccessible through the network and the network indicator is showing a red X sign, as if it weren't connected at all. after few seconds, the network comes back online, so it seems to me that the network card turns off and on again, but i have no idea how to fix this problem.

same thing happens when i go from the black screen state back to the 'not idle' state (ie. i move the mouse, or press a key, and the screen is back to normal.

is there any solution to this? is this happening to anyone else, too?

the network driver  is in version 10.1.9.0 from 7.April 2010, according to Device Manager.

thanks for any answer.

Token Ring
committed88

Re: X200 Tablet network card turning off/on when screen goes black and back

Sounds like power management for sure. You can go into your control panel, and then click on device manager. From here go to the section called network adapters, and then right click on the adapter (should be intel or whatever card came with your x200). Then click on properties. A new window will open, and in this window you'll see a tap to the right called power management. Make sure the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked then click ok.

See if that fixes your problem. Hopefully that is the issue. 

-If this post was helpful maybe consider giving me a kudos for it.
Thinkpad x230 -i5, 16gb RAM, 240gb SSD, 500gb 7.2k hdd, win 8.1 pro
Thinkpad x220t - multi-touch, i7, 16gb RAM, 80gb SSD, 320gb 7.2k hdd, win 7 pro 64
Fanfold Paper
eidam655

Re: X200 Tablet network card turning off/on when screen goes black and back

it is unchecked. i unchecked it almost right after i got it.