Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
HeartlandHannah

X200 tablet hard drive failure experience?

Our brand new Lenovo custom X200 tablet arrived last week and the hard drive failed after 3 days.  Could users of the X200 give me an idea of how common hard drive failure is for this machine?  I'm trying to decide whether to return the whole thing for a refund or risk having a replacement and finding out the tablet is a lemon.  Thanks for your help, Hannah.

Paper Tape
jborck

Re: X200 tablet hard drive failure experience?

6 mos, no failure here. I run mine hard and swap it out often, too.  Also have an X60 that's been chugging along for almost 3 years with no failure either.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,252
Solutions: 1,342

Lenovo Thinkpads use hdd built by companies like Hitachi, Seagate and Fujitsu, production of these hdd follows a stringent standard, failure of platter hdd used under normal condition are not common at all.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
What's DOS?
atelck

Mine has failed 2x over the past year.   I'm using a 130 GB Hitachi 7200 RPM.  Frequent defragmenting has seemed to slow down read failures over recent weeks.

Paper Tape
nickrosenberg

resRe: X200 tablet hard drive failure experience?

I also have an X200 tablet, purchased about 5 months ago, hard drive just failed. what made things worse is that I followed all the instructions to create the rescue/recovery backup DVD's and they don't work either!

Apparently there is some bug with the lenovo airbag protection which causes the drives to fail?