Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MB
Serial Port
MB

X200T Locks up / freezes , pen related??

I have had some issues with lock ups. It seems to happen when I am using the pen.

I knew there was trouble when I unboxed it and upon hitting the power button I got the "Unexpected Shutdown detected". It booted up fine but when I went to use the pen it froze up slowly. At first just the thing I was doing would be frozen but if I sat there long enough it would slowly start locking up what ever else I was trying to do while I waited for it to un-hang.

At first I chalked it up to the ton of bloat (102 process at startup?!? ) that Lenovo has starting up by default. So I also use the Recovery option but no luck. However, when I blanked my laptop and re-installed a fresh 32 bit of Vista Business. Again, it hangs up

I finally realized that the lock ups are happening around the time I start using the pen (it hasn't done it when I use a finger). I started to pay more attention to what I was doing when I had these lock ups and today I used my laptop without and touching (pen or finger) and I had no problems. I come home and as soon as I touch the screen with the digitizer, freezes completely.

Now, I have used the pen for short periods of time without any freezing. But there is something definitely wrong with either the software, or maybe the configuration I chose was the issue.

Based on the fact that no one has yet to post this (at least obviously) on Lenovo's site or at the few other tablet/pc sites I figure that not enough people have them yet or it is a specific configuration that is causing this issue.

I'm going to post this message in its own thread here at Tablet PC Review and Lenovo's to see if we can some other responses. If you have any luck with solving it please be sure to post it (or a link to it).

Good luck
X200T
Intel Core 2 Duo SL9400 (1.86GHz, 6MB L2, 1066MHz)
32bit Vista Business
WideView MultiTouch l
3 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM)
160GB Hard Disk Drive,br>Integrated Bluetooth PAN
Intel WiFi Link 5300 (AGN)
Integrated AT&T Mobile Broadband (3G)
4 Cell Li-Ion Battery
Lenovo Staff
Soap

Re: X200T Locks up / freezes , pen related??

I have not heard of this issue with any other system so I would suspect that it is hardware related.  My guess is that you might have a bad digitizer, assuming that you do not have any other problems with your system.  The other alternative is the planar or inverter.  I would recommend that you call the help desk and see if you can send it to the depot for them to look at.
MB
Serial Port
MB

Re: X200T Locks up / freezes ? More like a bad battery/power issue possibly

Thanks for the post.  I  have actually been posting to this other site that had more responses and the other person whose laptop was failing like mine,  you view the thread here at Tablet PC Review. Both of us did a little trouble shooting and seems to be a power related issue.  Both of us are getting a refund since we were under the return grace period.
X200T
32bit Vista Business
WideView MultiTouch l
4 Cell Li-Ion Battery
Lenovo Staff
Soap

Have you already shipped your system back and/or do you already have an RMA number?  I am concerned about this issue and I would like to look at your machine.  If you have already sent it back, I can capture it internally.

MB
Serial Port
MB

No I have not.  Although I was told I would have it on Thursday I haven't received an email yet.  I would be glad to assist you in getting it so let me know what you need and when they send me the RMA maybe I can help you.

Will you let me know what is the problem?  Having spent so much time trying different things I am quite interested in know what was wrong.

X200T
32bit Vista Business
WideView MultiTouch l
4 Cell Li-Ion Battery
Lenovo Staff
Soap

MB.

When you get the RMA number, please PM me with it.  I will be happy to post back to the forum what the issue is.   I will intercept your machine once Lenovo receives it and gives you your due credit.

Thanks!!

MB
Serial Port
MB

Soap,

I am still seeing multiple people with this issue. What was the outcome from my RMA'ed X200T?

X200T
32bit Vista Business
WideView MultiTouch l
4 Cell Li-Ion Battery
Lenovo Staff
Soap

MB,

I have not received your machine yet.  The return process takes longer than you would think!

MB
Serial Port
MB

Soap,

Have had a chance to take a look at the RMA'ed X200T I sent back?

X200T
32bit Vista Business
WideView MultiTouch l
4 Cell Li-Ion Battery