Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
spookyruthy

X201 Tablet Pen Sensitivity

Hello,

I recently purchased the X201 core i7 tablet with 8gb ram 500gb hdd superbright screen and i was obviously ecstatic when i got it from the UPS man :smileyvery-happy:

As a graphic artist I rely on pen sensitivity on tablets, and much to my dismay the pen sensitivity just didnt work at all for me. I since read the forums and realise that so many people have an issue with this and with much reading around i found that there were barely any answers/fixes.

So, i will tell you what fixed this for me. Now this worked for me, it may not work for you but i hope it can help some people.

I read on a forum elsewhere that for Photoshop you can fix this problem by turning OpenGL rendering off in Preferences->Performance. I did this and restarted CS4 and to my absolute delight it had fixed the issue, but not only for Photoshop! for the whole system!

I must admit i had tried all the other fixes and merged installer fixes and none of them worked properly, but somewhere along the line i lost track of which drivers i was on when i got it working, but i do recommend trying this.

Hope it helps

and lenovo...... this laptop cost me £1700 and pen sensitivity is not supplied to me working properly! please please look into this and make it a core function as it is such a let down when youve looked forward to this otherwise brilliant piece of kit for so long.

ruthy

Blue Screen Again
monkeyA

Re: X201 Tablet Pen Sensitivity

[ Edited ]

I'm running Windows 7 (x64).  I installed another Wacom Dual Touch driver, you can download from below URL:

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/download/ShowDescription.asp?SoftwareGUID=3DCECDE5-CC85-46C7-809F-0DB2...

--> Pen pressure tested OK on Photoshop CS5

Remarks

I tried to download the Wacom Bamboo driver from official Wacom website, 2 versions tested:

1) ver 5.2.1-6a (it seems OK with the pen pressure, but the hand touch is no effect)

2) ver 5.2.4-5 (totally can't make it on both pen pressure & hand touch)

Conclusion

• Just ride on Lenovo's Multi-touch driver (7wge60ww.exe), and
  • install Wacom Dual Pad Touch driver ver 5.1.1-11
F2a
Serial Port
F2a

[ Edited ]

I installed the newest driver here: http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm

Touch sensitivity and multitouch both work great. Restart required after install.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this driver actually works. Randomly today the finger touch stopped working and screen rotation wouldn't have the right calibration data. I rolled back one of the wacom drivers in the device manager and everything started working fine again. So, I have no idea.

F2a
Serial Port
F2a

I can't get it to work and not stop working at some point.

Blue Screen Again
monkeyA

[ Edited ]

No need to install the latest Wacom Dual Pad Touch driver, I found ver 5.1.1-11 is perfectly work (but the latest is no effect on pressure detection with most of the software).  If it's still not working, you can try to uninstall the Wacom driver, reinstall the Lenovo Multi-touch driver (7wge60ww.exe), and install the Wacom Dual Pad Touch driver (ver 5.1.1-11).  Finally, reboot, that's!!