Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
thibaultdk
Accepted Solution

X201T won't sleep / hibernate / poor battery life

Hi guys,

I bought a X201T tablet a bit more than a year ago, but since a BIOS update (Which happened quite a while ago), I haven't been able to hibernate or put my tablet to sleep anymore.

When I close the lid, the laptop screen goes black but it keeps running, so once I open it, it immediately turns back on. If I try to manually put it into sleep (Start, Sleep/hibernate), these options are greyed out and I can't select them...

Also, since then my battery life has been terrible (approx. 2hours on high performance, max. 3-4hours on low performance) even though the battery is in good condition... Additionally, the option for Intel turbo boost does not appear anymore when selection the high performance

I've not had a problem with it not shutting down since the start up is quite fast with SSD and all, but it is still not very practical and would like to find a fix. The shortcut for hibernating (FN+F12) doesn't work anymore either.

Not sure if this is enough information for someone to help me but I'd be happy to provide more information if needed and I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks,

Thibault

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: X201T won't sleep / hibernate / poor battery life

Try an Ubuntu boot CD or USB to rule out driver issues.
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/help/burn-a-cd-on-windows
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Fanfold Paper
homman

[ Edited ]

You must manualy instal the windows path from lenovo.

I dont remember the name.

But instal to c/drivers/vist and you must instal manualy.

Good is instal all path.

Good path for usb 3.0.

Moderator edit: Content removed. Please don't post the same content in multiple places. It splinters the discussion and makes it hard to follow. Thanks!

Paper Tape
thibaultdk

I've been having a lot of coursework lately so didn't have a chance to try this fix, however I was uninstalling a program and accidentally also reinstalled the Intel HD driver..

After reinstalling it, the problem seemed fixed so I guess it could have been a driver issue after all

Thanks for the help anyways :smileyhappy: