Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
BinaryTweedDeej

Re: X201t: Multitouch vs Superbright screen

Did you get a chance to try the multitouch outdoors? I'm thinking of getting an X201T for indoor programming, and sofa/garden reading. Multitouch sounds ideal for web browsing on the sofa, but the low brightness of the screen makes me think that it won't be much good for reading outside in the sun.

Fanfold Paper
adelphi_sky

I too bought a MT screen. I do have a question though. How bright is the screen when viewing it at different angels? Is it at a medium setting or the brightest? Also, what angles are you guys loosing visibility? 90 degrees? 45 degrees? One last question, if viewing on a desk when writing notes is difficult (purchased x201 tablet for grad school) is there a kickstand to help with the viewing angle while on a desk?

What's DOS?
garysthompson

I did the same thing - got mine and it works fine outside too
What's DOS?
dpic

@garysthompson, who was that in response to?

I have been leaning towards the superbright display for the outdoor viewability as well as the longer battery life, but if the multitouch screen seems to be satisfying people regardless, i might be interested in that. I need to see a good video comparison, or better yet try before i buy.

Maybe we should reframe the question from which screen is better overall to what purposes would you recommend each screen for? It seems many people are still torn.
Fanfold Paper
dupain

Hello,

I wanted simply to know is the x201T with the superbright (outdoor) screen is single touch?

Can I poke with one finger, or turn/scroll  pages with Acrobat reader (for exemple) with one finger, or do I need the pen for that?

Thank you in adance

What's DOS?
NeilMcRae

I'd like to know the answer to that question also please. Its not obvious from the lenovo website thats for sure.

Does the superbright screen support finger touching or is it only with the stylus?

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi dupain and NeilMcRae, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

No touch on the Superbright, pen only.

Here's a very good review video by MobileTechReview. Check around 5m40s in if you don't have time to watch the whole thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHrDTV8EvNg

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
pebble

I have had an x200 for about a year and a half before i ventured out to get the new x201t w/ MT (i7-640 LM).

First impressions - I found the x201t w/ MT to be a bit bulky as compared to x200, and the battery life sucked as well.

Having said this, the MT offers a nice novelty, and the screen is not all that bad; could be because I have a privacy screen on my x200, and that reduces the visibility anyways.

oo0o0 Pebble 0o0oo