Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
chambersweb

Re: X201t will not charge 8 cell batteries

I have exactly the same problem and tried downlaoding the bios to a cd and starting up again but no luck.Do i just click on the link and ignore the warnings and I wont need a disc driver?

What's DOS?
chambersweb

same problem

Punch Card
antman0505

You have 2 ways to update the bios.

1. Via the bootable CD.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-74984

You will need to burn the iso image to a disc and then boot via the optical drive. It'spretty stright forward. Just follow the instructions in the link.

2. Via the BIOS update utility.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/documen t.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-74983

I haven't tried this method yet but I imagine you just download and run the executable file. Once again the instructions are in the ink and seem pretty straight forward.

Paper Tape
pcarlson33

[ Edited ]

Just received my X201 Tablet and have had multiple issues.  At first use the battery will charge to 100 % but then only indicates that it will last for 3 to 4 hours at the lowest power usage setting.  Once I have used the battery for a couple hours the battery will not charge beyond 35%.  In the hidden icons tray the battery icon states that (plugged in, not charging).  I have already had the battery replaced and I am still having the same problem.

Paper Tape
NeilBenson

Thanks for posting this information, guys. I had the same issue and raised a call with Lenovo Support (IBM). They've organised to collect the laptop and return to base to fix the fault -- but if I can update the BIOS myself, that will be much more convenient.

Thanks, Neil

Paper Tape
NeilBenson

antman0505, your post was perfect. I downloaded and installed the BIOS update 1.14 and now I'm fully charged.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

NeilBenson, if he helped, give antman0505 a kudo!

Click on the star next to his post!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Punch Card
antman0505

[ Edited ]

NeilBenson wrote:

antman0505, your post was perfect. I downloaded and installed the BIOS update 1.14 and now I'm fully charged.

Your very welcome.

Geoff.

What's DOS?
jbkinnear

Thanks Antman. I had the same problem with both the original and replacement 8 cell battery. Downloaded the 1.14 bios and solved the problem.