Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
TigerCub
Accepted Solution

X220 Pen orientation does not change with screen rotation

I upgraded to SSD HDD so did a clean install of Win 7 Pro and loaded all drivers. But pen input orientation remain in Landscape mode even after I rotate the screen to Portrait/Portrait flipped/Landscape Flipped modes. 

I tried to updating the WACOM pen driver several times with no luck. What am I missing here ?

802.11n
kvirtanen

Re: X220 Pen orientation does not change with screen rotation

[ Edited ]

I own the X201T, but since you have a clean install I would probably try the following:

1. Remove all Wacom/Lenovo/Windows (ISD Tablet) touch drivers from within Control Panel --> Programs & Features

2. Fire up Windows Update and see if it finds a driver for you

3. If it does, let it install it and try if that works out

If it doesn't work, remove everything again and try the same with Lenovo's update utility. Usually when either one detects that the tablet drivers are missing, they fetch the newest ones. Of course the newest ones aren't always the best, but.. I had a lot of problems with Wacom and Lenovo's drivers, so I eventually let Windows Update fetch them for me.

I did lose pressure sensitivity in Photoshop and ended up installing Fujitsu's drivers, but that's another story entirely..

http://vanhavirta.fi/
Paper Tape
TigerCub

Thanks a bunch. I did exactly as you said and it worked like a charm.

1. Uninstall wacom driver & reboot

2. Windows default driver took over and orientation was in sync but lost pressure sensitivity.

3. Now I let lenovo update utility to update drivers and this brought the correct wacom driver. 

-- Now I have pen orientation in sync and pressure sensitivity works as well. Thanks again.

802.11n
kvirtanen

Great :smileyvery-happy: and no problem :smileyhappy:

http://vanhavirta.fi/