Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
racerken

X220 Tablet Fingerprint reader for Windows Login not working

Hi,

I just received my new x220 tablet with multi-touch screen with fingerprint ID option.  Well, when you power it up, windows 7 prompts for a finger print read but no matter how many times I swipe it, it does not work.  then when I 'type' my password to enter, and power up the think advantage finger print sw 5.9.5, it works like a charm.

Any fixes out there?

Why have a finger print reader if it does not work...

Thanks,

Ken 

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: X220 Tablet Fingerprint reader for Windows Login not working

Hello Racerken,

To enable the Windows or domain biometric settings in Control Panel, do the following:

Click Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Biometric Devices > Change biometric settings. The Change biometric settings window is displayed.
Select Biometrics on.
Select Allow users to log on to Windows using their fingerprints.
Select Allow users to log on to a domain using their fingerprints if the check box is available.
Click Save Changes to save your configuration.
Log off from the Windows operating system.
You will be able to use your fingerprints the next time you log in to the Windows operating system or a domain.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
DellaGene21

Re: X220 Tablet Fingerprint reader for Windows Login not working

Thanks @Tanuj. I have encountered this problem countless times as well. I really like the biometrics feature because it is more secured than a password but since the fingerprint scanner hasn't been functioning right, then it caused me some security issues. I even tried rescanning my fingerprint to ensure that maybe there was a glitch when I first registered my fingerprint. Thanks for your help, I can finally get my fingerprint reader to work. Cheers! :smileyvery-happy: