Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
peregrins2
Accepted Solution

X220 Tablet touchpad issues

Hi,

I just received my X220 Tablet, it has the UltraNav touchpad AND the touchscreen. 

The mouse was not working correctly, lots of pauses when highlighting or copy/pasting.  Also, screens wouldn't finish loading on some websites without moving mouse. 

Called TechSupport, she signed onto my computer and downloaded new (updated) driver.  Worked perfectly!  Until...

I turned on the machine the next day (actually I woke it up but it happened with start as well).  Completely frozen mouse, like the entire thing didn't exist.  Weird: only on my own profile, not my husband's and not the Admin that I later created. 

Managed to get into Control Panel > Mouse and found the UltraNav tab with all info grayed out, like there was no driver at all!  Went to drivers, found 2: the original and the new.  Should one have been removed?  Is it OK to have 2?  Reinstalled the newer driver and everything OK til I shut it down again, then back to square 1.  It's like the computer has decided there is no driver at all when I shut it off, even when I only sleep.

Called back TS a few times, finally someone told me to delete my whole profile and create it again (after moving it to a hard drive so it would save all my docs and settings...which it did not save EVERYTHING, not my bookmarks, not all my programs, not all my files...fortunately, I also backed up everything to same hard drive the more traditional way and between the 2, I got everything back but it was very time-consuming).

Now I am back to having difficulty with mouse.  Afraid to download the driver again (not that I can find it anyway since the original TS moved so fast I can't recall where she got it).  Did find an UltraNav driver dated 5/20/2011, wonder if they've updated again?

Anyone else having these problems?
Thanks!

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: X220 Tablet touchpad issues

Which OS?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Paper Tape
jortiz

Same issue with 2 different X220 tablets on Win7 x64. Help!
Punch Card
johnhoy

Have you tried the fn+f8 key command and select top item?
Paper Tape
jortiz

Thank you, that worked but now the x and y axis on the touchpad and trackpoint are inverted.  I've tried installing the latest drivers.  No sure what the problem is. 

Punch Card
johnhoy

Use the right most tablet button to rotate the display to the proper orientation, they are on the display screen on the left side just above the wireless and Bluetooth indicator LED's.

Paper Tape
jortiz

The screen orientation is just fine.  When I use the trackpad or trackpoint and move left or right, the pointer on the screen moves up and down.  When I use the trackpad/trackpoint to move up or down, the pointer on the screen moves left and right.  Is there some type of calibration that I need to perform? 

Paper Tape
riggeek

jortiz wrote:

Thank you, that worked but now the x and y axis on the touchpad and trackpoint are inverted.  I've tried installing the latest drivers.  No sure what the problem is. 

jortiz i had the same issuse. I had to go into the Window hardware and delete the driver. Then when the machine rebooted it reinstalled the driver. It has worked good from that point.  When it happened to me i had just done a large group of updates to the system.

Punch Card
Alejandro1

I had the same/similar issue.  Recived my new X220 Tablet two weeks ago but had trouble with the Nav touchpad driver from the git-go.  Every time I got it to work correctly, it did so until I put the unit in to Sleep or Hibernate mode, after which it acted up again. Spent about 2 hours over three tech support calls.  They were very helpful and did all they could but finally acknowledged there was a "known" issue with the driver.  They said a patch was being worked on but had no idea when it would be available. Since the unit was basically unusable for me, I had to return the entire order (laptop, docking station, extra AC adapter).  I will consider re-ordering again if they get the issue resolved.

Punch Card
Alejandro1

I am disappointed in the lack of response by Lenovo concerning this issue.  It seems that with the large demand for such a tablet that Lenovo would be workking feverishly to find a solutoin to this very real problem.  And, at least keep us updated on any progress, or even if they are working on it.  Perhaps they are would prefer that people just accpet the fact that they can't use the Nav feature on their touchpad.

I am anxious to re-order this unit but can't until they announce or somehow confirm the issue is fixed.