Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
resortcube

Re: X220 Tablet touchpad issues

I had issue with UltraNav and Touchpad not working after sleep and restart. I rolled back but this only worked until I restarted (as required after rollback). I tried a few things like the latest UltraNav driver, uninstalling other Lenovo optional features that I had recently added but did not help - as it all started after starting laptop from sleep mode I thought I would uninstall Power Manager as I had recently downloaded and installed latest version. All works fine. I have now installed Power Manager ver. 3.51 (not latest) and all still works fine so you might want to try that - the original version of Power Manager that shi[pped with machine was in C:\SWTOOLS\readyapps\PWRMGRV so after uninstalling the version of Power Manager from Control Panel, restating, you can run setup from there. This has worked for me and annoying freezing up of ultranav has stopped.  

What's DOS?
resortcube

Sorry, I meant now using versrion 3.52
Retired Employee
JameZ

@resortcube,

Are you using the UltraNav Utility 2.13 and UltraNav driver 15.2.20.0 ?

After reverting to Power Manager 3.52 then there are no issues at all?

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
yehster

I having a similar issue.  After switching back from tablet mode, neither my trackpoint nor touchpad responded properly.  My mouse cursor was stuck at the bottom of the screen.  It responded moving it left and right (I could tell as it would give my system status info as I moved over it, but I couldn't move up.)  Not sure of exact steps to reproduce right now, but am going to keep an eye on things. 

Retired Employee
JameZ

@yehster,

If the issue reoccur again, could you try reverting the Power Manager to 3.52 as suggested by resortcube and see if issue still persist. If this is caused by Power Manager then I would need to raise a case to engineering to get this fixed.

Appreciate your assistance on this.

//JameZ

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Paper Tape
x220t

[ Edited ]

Hello,

X220T 4296YU with 8GB RAM and Win7 Pro 64-bit, BIOS 1.17

I have a similar issue, I think the problem is the UltraNav driver, not power manager.  If I have the latest Power Manager, and I remove the Synaptics ultranav driver -  the system functions perfectly.

Only by removing the thinkpad ultranav driver 15.3.6.0 can I stop the trackpad and trackpoint from freezing soon after load.

With no power manager and the UltraNav driver 15.3.6.0 the trackpad and point still freeze.

Further, I have tried with both Power Manager 3.45 (which is in my SWTOOLS folder)  and the latest version 3.59 - both cause my trackpad to freeze as soon as power manager loads.  If I plug an external mouse in the pointer appears and is controllable.

If I remove power manager AND ultranav driver the trackpad and touchpoint both function normally in non-tablet mode. However If I change the system to tablet mode, then switch back to -tablet mode the mouse pointer totally dissapears and is not available by using the trackpad or trackpoint. Again in this scenario, if I plug an external mouse in the pointer appears and is controllable.

Punch Card
Alejandro1

Thanks to all for their experimentation and reports.  The bottomline is that this problem is a convoluted cluster@@$%#%#.

Unfortunately, I see Lenovo weighing in on this with any encouragement about a solution; or that they are even aware of the problem or working on a solution.  Hey, Lenovo, any help here?  This X220 could be fantatstic solution for my needs.  I really want it, but you've got to give me some encouragement here.  Hello.......?

Retired Employee
JameZ

@yehster or x220t,

Appreciate if either one of you send the following information to me via Private message so I may raise this to engineering.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:

Model Type:
S/N:

BIOS:
Win 7 Ulti / Pro / Home:
x86 / x64:
SP1:
Power Manager:
Power Manager Driver:
Power Profile:
UltraNav Driver version:
UltraNav Utility version:

Please ensure that all the drivers are at their latest from Lenovo Support site.

//JameZ

Punch Card
Alejandro1

How do I send you a private message?   What is your email address?

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 712
Solutions: 636

To send JameZ a PM you need to click on his member name to the left of one of his posts, this will open up his profile. On the right of his profile under Contact please then click on "send this user a private message"

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog