Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
x220t

Re: X220 Tablet touchpad issues

Sending the information now via PM.

Only thing is I received my new Thinkpad Bluetooth Mouse today - I installed the drivers and enabled bluetooth.

I also updated to all latest drivers - and now everything is working perfectly!   Sorry this probably doesn't help you work out what the causal factor was.

So trackpad and trackpoint all working with latest everything, and with or without the bluetooth mouse, and with or without bluetooth module enabled.

What's DOS?
eeyler

I experienced the same problem on my X220T after using some of the short-cut and function key features ---- after sleep, the touchpad and trackpoint were always disabled.  Restarting the computer did not help.  This seems to have been resolved by updating the Tablet Shortcut Menu driver to Version 6.26, for which the release notes claim that an issue of exactly this type has been corrected.  I didn't change anything else in the update cycle except for the Wi-Fi card driver, so I'm pretty sure that at least in my case, the Tablet Shortcut Menu driver did the trick.

The computer is now working just about perfectly for my needs, which include some high-powered mathematical and data-analysis software.  I've been impressed that the 2.7 GHz i7 processor consistently out-performs my two-year-old desktop, despite the mobile configuration and long battery life.  My only remaining issue is that Microsoft Streets and Trips will not start, which appears to be a Microsoft problem and not a Lenovo one.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@x220t and eeyler,

Appreciate that both posted the issue being solved.

@others,

Based on eeyler'st post, seems that this issue is being solved after upgrading the Tablet shortcut menu.

The latest is currently 6.27 which you can download here.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/7wg731ww.txt

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/7wg731ww.exe

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Punch Card
Alejandro1

Hi Jamez,

After reading this post of yours from the 19th, can you tell me if you consider this touchpad issue resolved?

You indicate that the problem has been resolved as it pertains to updating the shortcut menus.  But what is your opinion about the resolution of the other various causes mentioned that have caused the touchpad issues such as updated Power Manager and others, etc.

I am desireous of reordering the X220 Tablet unit but I am trying to get a sense that these issues have been resolved.

Thanks for any thoughts or opinion you may have on this.

Alejandro1

Retired Employee
JameZ

@Alejandro1,

I do not have a X220t to test this issue out at my end thus I would need to rely on customers feedback or engineering's feedback when it comes to any issues which I am unable to replicate without the machine.

Since there are 2 customers which reverted that by updating their drivers and the issue has been resolved, we would need to wait for more replies to confirm this fixed then accept it as the solution.

//JameZ

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Fanfold Paper
jtdarlington

My situation is very similar. Rather than an X220, I'm using an X201 Tablet (0831CTO) running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. However, both the X220 and X201 share the same driver sets, at least with respect to the software involved, and my symptoms are pretty much identical. I can report that upgrading Tablet Shortcut Menu to 6.27 does *NOT* resolve this issue for me. I have tried all the combinations of Shortcut Menu (6.26 and 6.27) and the UltraNav driver available to me (the last "good" version, 15.1.19.0, and the version currently available via System Update, 15.3.6.0) with no success. Currently, the only way I can get the UltraNav to work at all is to install the 15.3.6.0 driver, reboot (which causes it to stop working), then roll back the driver to 15.1.9.0; after this "fix" it only works until the system is rebooted. As described above, this seems to only affect my login, the one used to install the driver. At this point, the only way I can work is if I use an external mouse, which is inconvenient as I'm usually not working at a desk or table, or the pen. Fortunately, using in the pen in tablet mode works fine, which is part of my livelihood (I'm a cartoonist and use the tablet to draw), but it's pretty inconvenient when I'm using it in laptop mode.
Retired Employee
JameZ

@jtdarlington,

Appreciate if either one of you send the following information to me via Private message so I may raise this to engineering.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:

Model Type:
S/N:

BIOS:
Win 7 Ulti / Pro / Home:
x86 / x64:
SP1:
Power Manager:
Power Manager Driver:
Power Profile:
UltraNav Driver version:
UltraNav Utility version:

Please ensure that all the drivers are at their latest from Lenovo Support site.

//JameZ

Paper Tape
Shayes

got it to start working again by just uninstalling and deleting drivers for the ultranav

Fanfold Paper
jtdarlington

It looks like I've tentatively got mine working again too. A new driver version was posted some time last night for the X201, version 15.3.8.0. I have no idea if it's available for X220. I uninstalled the previous driver, rebooted, installed this new one, rebooted again, and it seems to be working now.

Fanfold Paper
jtdarlington

Looks like "tentative" was the right word. Although the UltraNav worked fine yesterday, after a cold boot this morning it stopped working again with identical symptoms as before: works fine at Windows login screen, stops working for my login, external mice and pen unaffected. Driver is still on 15.3.8.0 and there is no newer driver on the Lenovo Support site. :smileysad: