Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Alejandro1

Re: X220 Tablet touchpad issues

Jamz,

Are you an employee of Lenovo, or are you just involved in the moderation this forum?  You have mentioned a couple of times that you could pass along these issues to the engineers.  Can you tell all of us if Lenovo is aware of this problem?  If so, are they working on it , or is just added to a que of things for them to look into....eventually?  I am trying to determine if we should expect any satisfaction on this issue at any time soon.  Since this issue appears to affect units other than just the X220T, I am fearful that this issue has existed for a long time without any resolve (or perhaps without any attention by Lenovo).  I wonder if Ultranav is hip to this problem and whether they care to do anything about it.

Thanks in advance for an input/direction.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@Those Affected,

By any chance you are using a 90w slim AC adapter? other than jtdarington (X201) who else are having this issue.

Thanks
JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
jtdarlington

I've already replied to your private message, but for the benefit of everyone else, my A/C adapter is 65W, 20V. Part numbers are in the PM. I'm not sure how an A/C adapter affects a seemingly faulty UltraNav driver, but there you go.

Punch Card
Alejandro1

I was using the stock adapter that came with the X220Tablet. 

Fanfold Paper
andrer

I have an x201 tablet with the same problem. The right half of the touchpad sometimes dies, and many times it start acting crazy.

I have the latest drivers and latest BIOS, Win 7 32bit. The product nr is 3113-XF3.

Fanfold Paper
azvoleff

I have a X220 tablet (4296-2YU) and have had similar issues with the touchpad. After resuming from suspend, oftentimes the trackpad will not work. When this happens I can fix it by hitting Fn-F8 to disable the trackpad. If I then renable it with Fn-F8 it will work.

The other issue I have can only be fixed by removing the Ultranav driver and reinstalling it - after I suspend the machine, the trackpad will become reversed - moving my finger to the left will move the cursor to the right. Moving my finger up will move the cursor down. Reinstalling the Ultranav software is the only fix I have found for this. But - shortly after reinstalling the problem will return.

I have Windows 7 64 bit with all the latest Lenovo and Windows updates.

Paper Tape
jortiz

So its been a while since I've checked in but it seems this issue is not fixed.  I have gotten around the issue by using the Win7 native driver for the trackpad/point which works fine.  I am just missing some additional functionality that the Synaptics driver provides.  Any news?  Because this is getting a little bit rediculous. 

Fanfold Paper
azvoleff

It appears my issues have been fixed by updating the Lenovo Screen Reading Optimizer to version 1.07. It appears that launching the screen reading optimizer, rotating the screen to tablet, and then putting the tablet in sleep mode while rotated led to the touchpad becoming reversed.

See the update at: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/84sr21ww.exe

On a separate note, for some reason this update (and several other available on the Lenovo Support site) do not show up for my system when I run the utility to update Lenovo drivers through the ThinkVantage toolbox. Anyone know why this might happen?

Punch Card
Alejandro1

Thanks for this update, and hopeful solution.

Hopefully everyone who tries this will report back as to whether this is, indeed, the solution.

thanks.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@azvoleff,

Thanks for the update.

The TVSU software will always be slower compared to the Lenovo Support site as the team would need to do several test before updating the XML to pull the driver to customer's system.

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3