Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Alejandro1

Re: X220 Tablet touchpad issues

I think I have experienced the mouse getting crazy whenever my laptop is near an energy field of some sort.  I've noticed that I can experience problems when my cellphone laying right next to my laptop.  Perhaps you are experiencing trouble if the the A/C unit is laying too close to the laptop.

Fanfold Paper
bhaineault

Confirmed... if I unlug the charger the trackpad works fine. When plugged-in, the trackpad becomes erratic.

Fanfold Paper
blondophile

Hi Guys,

At work we ve bought more than 100 laptops X220 and X220T with ultraslim 90W ac adapters, our users dont have the stock 65W so they have to use the ultraslim all the time, in the car its working perfectly but on AC the touchpad is jumpy, its getting better when the cpu is more required, but we cant have a hd movie playing in the background all the time.

This issue with the touchpad is a nightmare for most of them, they re not very computer friendly and we give them something that is not working.

I have contacted lenovo support, made a ticket., after few weeks still no messages or phone calls I receive a delivry of 2 big boxes and surprise they have send me a new 90w ac adapter. So I tested it straight away and the result is absolutely the same !!!  Very impressed by the support :smileyvery-happy: !

I have tried everything installing synaptics drivers, lenovo drivers, the last bios ... 

Does anyone have a real solution ?  

Thanks in advance for your answers.

pec
Fanfold Paper
pec

The only "real" solutions I know of are to either get 65w adaptors or 90w adaptors with the following model number: 40Y7659 (search for this model number on Amazon). Other 90 w Lenovo adaptors have the same problem as the ultraslim. This is a leakage current issue.

Paper Tape
rajangoraya

Got x220t today. switched it on and left it running to get the battery fully charged. When came back to check after few hours there was a notification on the screen stating 'windows has installed updates please reboot'. The trackpad mouse did not work after the restart. I installed all driver updates from System Update software but it still is not working. What a shame. That is why people buy Apple.

Punch Card
Alejandro1

Try hitting Fn + F8

Paper Tape
rajangoraya

hmm in my case it was just disabled...may have pressed some shortcut key
pressed Fn+F8 and had to cycle through the selection few time to get it working properly 

Punch Card
Alejandro1

Yup.  Every once in awhile (usually after having rotated my screen into the landscape view and the back again), my mouse won't work.  So, then I hit Fn+F8 and it give me the options for trackpad or eraser stick, etc.  Cycle through the choices to what you want and that takes care of it.  It would be nice if Lenovo didn't have their heads up their butts and were aware of this.  Or, if they are aware of it, I wish they'd  be considerate enought to let their users know.  Before I figured this out, I ended up returning a new unit.  They could have saved themselves and me a lot of time and wasted money returning the unit, etc. 

What's DOS?
no79

Just got X220 today. 

after using the pen the touchpad froze as well...

i just deleted the UltraNav driver (See ControlPanel-->Search Touchpad-->Devices Drivers) and things went back to normal...  I didn't even install a new one.

Hope this helps.

Punch Card
Steen

[ Edited ]

The comment by Tony Walker at:  http://www.trustedreviews.com/lenovo-thinkpad-x220_Laptop_review  may be of intrest. It is at the bottom of the X220 review.

●●● THINKPAD T42P/ WinXP (32 bit) (sadly missed) ●●●THINKPAD T520-4239CTO/ Win7 (64bit) Ultimate ●●● ESSENTIAL G570-4334 / Win7 (64 bit) Home Premium ●●●