Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
lanctotsm

X220 random clicking

Hi Guys, 

I have a x220 tablet that I bought beginning of last October and the cursor seems to be clicking things without warning all over the screen. I tried reinstalling the mouse drivers and updating the bios but that hasnt seemed to stop it. While I was writing this post the cursor actually jumped a couple of times...

How might I be able to fix this problem?

RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 94
Solutions: 91

Re: X220 random clicking

Hi

Thanks for your post

I am suspecting that when you are typing may be your hand is touching the toucpad are causing the cursor to move

You can try by changing the touchpad sensitivity and also try disbaling  Tapping option 

Path:    Control panel>Mouse > UltraNave >Touchpad Settings >Pointing>sensitivity>touch sensitivity

Control panel>Mouse > UltraNave >Touchpad Settings >Tapping

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

Token Ring
joesixgig

I have the same issue, but not related to the touchpad. When the X220t is charging, the touch screen responds with random clicks, sometimes a few times in 10 seconds. Makes web browsing 'entertaining'. I had this with two different power supplies, so I'm wondering if the touch screen is too sensitive, or whether the charging circuit in this particular tablet is too 'noisy'. When running on battery it never happens, so it's definitely charging related. 

For fun: I lock the tablet (Win-L) when I'm away so it can't do random stuff, but that doesn't stop if from turning on screen narration while on the Win lock screen. Creepy.. 

Token Ring
joesixgig

Token Ring
mokeyking

There has to be another way besides a motherboard replacement.

I'm not covered by the warranty anymore. If there is no other way, do you know how much a motherboard recplacement is?

Token Ring
joesixgig

There may be someone who can repair the board, if they can track down which component is to blame. I fear the replacement board would be hundreds of dollars. You can look up the part number here: 

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?DocID=PD011732

It looked like a hell of an install job.. I hope someone else has better news!

Paper Tape
mhammo15

None of these suvvestions work for me.
What's DOS?
99Techs

Well, I figured out that it is directly related the touchscreen.  I have disabled the touchscreen setings in Control Panel->Touch Settings and the problem is gone.  Trouble is, I want to use the touchscreen.  Anyone know how to change the sensitivity?

Token Ring
joesixgig

You probably realize this, but just in case:  it's not a problem with the touchscreen hardware. Swapping the motherboard only and keeping the touchscreen resolves the issue. Changing the screen sensitivity might fix the interference as well, but I'm not sure how to go about that. 

What's DOS?
romy_yatco

I just acquired a x220 tablet which the previous owner junked because of the annoying random clicking problem. As in the other machines experiencing this problem, the random clicking happens only when the computer is charging. I eventually solved the problem for my machine by plugging into an uninterruptible power supply that is connected to regular AC. The random clicking is gone! Maybe this works for others. I would like to know if this helps.