Support in other languages: 
SCSI Port
DUTCHvanAtlanta
Accepted Solution

X220T - Camera in Tablet Mode ?

Since the Fn and F6 keys are not available in the tablet mode, how does one start the camera when ln tablet?

Token Ring
committed88

Re: X220T - Camera in Tablet Mode ?

Simple touch provides that functionality. It's the little red dot on the corner of your screen. It can also be activated by using two fingers to tap the screen twice. In my experience the double tap must be smooth and not too fast or it wont be reconginized.

Hope that helps!

-If this post was helpful maybe consider giving me a kudos for it.
Thinkpad x230 -i5, 16gb RAM, 240gb SSD, 500gb 7.2k hdd, win 8.1 pro
Thinkpad x220t - multi-touch, i7, 16gb RAM, 80gb SSD, 320gb 7.2k hdd, win 7 pro 64
SCSI Port
DUTCHvanAtlanta

Thanks.  Still getting to know this somewhat strange bird.

SCSI Port
DUTCHvanAtlanta

[ Edited ]

Updated Simple Tap software, and the camera tile is no more.  I have no clue how to bring i back, or how to start he camera any other way.  Suggestions?

Token Ring
committed88

There should be a plus icon at the top right of the simple tap screen. Here you can add icons. The camera icon should be part of the default icons you can select. 

Thinkpad x220t - multi-touch, i7, 16gb RAM, 80gb SSD, 320gb 7.2k hdd, win 7 pro 64
SCSI Port
DUTCHvanAtlanta

committed88 wrote:

There should be a plus icon at the top right of the simple tap screen. Here you can add icons. The camera icon should be part of the default icons you can select. 

The + icon is there, but no default camera icon.  In fact, there are no default icons to select.

This Simple Tap software upgrade added about 30 mostly useless icons, and removed the camera.

Token Ring
committed88

[ Edited ]

You should be able to add it back manually, by creating a new icon, and browsing to the program executable. I'm not sure what it is called or where it's located. When I get home I'll look it up on mine. 

PS: I agree with your assesment of the simple tap update. They included a bunch of junk. Hopefully this isn't a trend that will continue. 

Edit: Just checked, and it shows up as camera preview on mine. But there is another simple tap update downloading as i type this and that is probably the version you are using. We'll see...

SCSI Port
DUTCHvanAtlanta

[ Edited ]

That newest Simple Tap update is the one that deleted the Camera Preview tile on mine.  I cannot seem to find anywhere in the software that the camera is able to be started.

In the laptop configuration, Fn + F6 will start it - and that's the only way that the User Manual says to start it, too.  However, in the tablet configuration, Fn + F anything on the virtual keyboard does absolutely nothing.

This thing sure has its idiosyncrasies! 

SCSI Port
DUTCHvanAtlanta

[ Edited ]

committed88 wrote:

You should be able to add it back manually, by creating a new icon, and browsing to the program executable. I'm not sure what it is called or where it's located. When I get home I'll look it up on mine. 

PS: I agree with your assesment of the simple tap update. They included a bunch of junk. Hopefully this isn't a trend that will continue. 

Agreed 100% on the junk.  Totally unnecessary and unneeded in a business computer.

Were you able to locate the executable?  I cannot find it.  Right now, the integrated camera is  not usable in the tablet configuration.

SCSI Port
DUTCHvanAtlanta

Did a System Restore to the point before the Simple Tap Udate was installed; and the Camera Tile is back in the Simple Tap screen.

Lenovo really needs to fix this!