Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
Azfargh

X220T still worth picking nowdays?

I´m aware about each one necessity about what kind of machine is better suited for, but the x220t hardware config are gettin old. For those who have the basic needs for a convertible tablet, x220t still is a good option?

My opinion:

I was on the "yes" since last year, but not strong as that time nowdays. I´m a little shaken with other options with sigly better hardware configurations or waiting around for the x220t sucessor. In other words: "yes", but not much as before.

What about you guys?

Serial Port
bouvrie

Re: X220T still worth picking nowdays?

[ Edited ]

In my daily use of the laptop, I feel the lack of a proper resolution nowadays makes it harder to browse the web in plain laptop (landscape) mode. This is especially true for sites that reserve big parts of the interface for menus, leaving less room for the content to be viewable without scrolling.

Truth be told, I'm hardly using it in full tablet mode (save for some comics and Plants vs Zombies), though finding the pivoting and touch-sensitive screen pretty nice for casual tasks. Also, I'm not really sure why I need the so-called 'power' of the laptop, as coding websites with php doesn't tend to stress the system much. And heavy-duty games are crippled by the graphics-card anyway.

Oh, and I struggle with switching between tablet/touch use and laptop use. Basically in touch mode, I want the interface to be touch-friendly, i.e.large Start Menu and taskbar,  larger icons, buttons, checkbox selection in Windows Explorer etc. Whereas in laptop mode, I want to fit as much content on the screen as possible. So I'd have to pull some user interface tricks to get it optimal. Too much micromanagement is what's keeping me from using it in tablet mode for any 'real' applications, especially with the lack of hardware button access when in tablet mode.

And by-the-by, I sometimes have problems properly touching interface controls that are along the edges of the screen. It may be that the calibration is off in my case, but I would mention that the touch screen isn't too precise.

sameerbhan
Topics: 2
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 10

As you need information regarding availability and better performance of  ThinkPad X220 Tablet, please contact the Lenovo pre-sales department and there the available representative will assist you .

Regards,

Sameer

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Token Ring
bladebarrier

"Oh, and I struggle with switching between tablet/touch use and laptop use. Basically in touch mode, I want the interface to be touch-friendly, i.e.large Start Menu and taskbar, larger icons, buttons, checkbox selection in Windows Explorer etc. Whereas in laptop mode, I want to fit as much content on the screen as possible. So I'd have to pull some user interface tricks to get it optimal. Too much micromanagement is what's keeping me from using it in tablet mode for any 'real' applications, especially with the lack of hardware button access when in tablet mode."

Since swapping to Windows 8 I find this much less of an issue. I'm really liking the tablet mode now, and use it for anything that doesn't require heavy typing. I'm also getting more comfortable with the pen, even when in laptop mode, probably because I use it more all around due to using tablet mode more often.

Of course that's subjective, and others might end up hating metro, and thus be back in the same boat you're describing.

P.S. I'm glad I didn't go for a pure slate though. The Lenovo keyboard is one of the major reasons I looked at the X220T over other tablets, or laptops. I do agree that the graphics card is a let down, but doing serious gaming on a 13" screen when I have a 52" at home is just not a concern for me. For those without a desktop, I imagine it would be, but in that case they should look at an 8-10 lb. desktop replacement system for gaming, which granted will have very poor battery life but a much larger screen.