Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
dapkniht

X220i Win7 64bit Hibernation/Standby problem

Hello,

I use a ThinkPad X220i laptop with Windows 7 64-bit installed and I have problems with hibentation mode. The problem is that after I hibernate the system, close the laptop, and leave it, the next time I open it it is in standby mode. The worst thing is that usually the battery is mostly discharged. Or at some point the system activates and switches from hibernation to standbay, or it never hibernates and goes to standby on the lid close.

I hibernate the system using [Start] - > Hibarnate and wait untill all power light stops blinking, I played with power settings and turned off "go to standy on lid close" but it ddn't help.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best,

George

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: X220i Win7 64bit Hibernation/Standby problem

hey dapkniht,

welcome to the forums and based on what you have mentioned, i believe that this might be a power management issue.

Thus, uninstall both power manager and power management drivers from your unit.

if any generic drivers wants to install on its own, let it do so.

now, check and see if you have the same issue when placing your unit in hibernate.

later, head over to http://support.lenovo.com and download the latest power management driver and power manager and install.

try again and see if you can set your unit to hibernate.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Blue Screen Again
dapkniht

Hi Serge,

Thank you for your answer. I followed your advice. I uninstalled everything, spent a couple of days observing how the system was working (no problems), and later installed new drivers and software.

After another four or five days I finally got the same problem - after putting the laptop into hybernation and leaving it for a while I found it again in sleep mode and with a battery almost empty.

I have the fingerprint reader on my laptop and even when the laptop is off the green light in the fingerprint reader is still on and I can turn on the laptop by touching the fingerprint reader. Not sure that this is relevant, but would prefer to turn off this functional and have my laptop totally powerless when I turn it off or put into hybernation.

Blue Screen Again
dapkniht

Hi Serge,

I still have this issues. I updated all drivers, checked and played with all power settings. Still sometimes I found my laptop in standby mode instead of hybernation, as it was left. Perhaps it can be some software or something that waked up the laptop and at some point it switches into standby?