Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
mokeyking
Accepted Solution

X220t gets blue screen of death when connected to HDTV

[ Edited ]

When I connect my x220t to my 47" HDTV through hdmi with hdmi to display port adapter, the picture comes up, but it is not the right proportions. I try to fix this by going to screen resolution or graphics properties, but as soon as I change a setting in either, my x220t either shows the blue screen, or just no picture at all and has to restart. I connected to my 25" hd monitor through hdmi and hdmi to display port adapter so those are not the problem. Help please!

Punch Card
HypertextEye

Re: X220t gets blue screen of death when connected to HDTV

Where did you get an hdmi to display port adapter?
Token Ring
mokeyking

I bought one on amazon. It works though so I don't think that is the problem

Punch Card
HypertextEye

Have you tried turning on your x220t before connecting the display cable? I had this issue with the VGA port (connecting to a 37" HDTV). It would distort like you describe if it was connected while the x220t was powered down (or asleep), but it displays properly if I turn on the x220t before connecting the cable. After the connection is made the power state can change any number of times without distortion until the cable is disconnected again.
Token Ring
mokeyking

Yes, that happens when I connect the x220t when it is turned on, the distorted image, and then the blue screen happens (when I try to fix the image using graphics properties or screen resolution in control panel). It also happens when the x220t is turned off and then the display port is connected. But I dont think it being turned off or on should matter that much. It still gets the image through, but when I try to fix it, my x220t just freaks out. And Lenovo's customer service does not even have support for this kind of problem (I called). SO stupid.

Token Ring
mokeyking

Apparently it was the adapter. I recently bought a new adapter, this time a cable with a male display port and a male hdmi port and it works like a charm. The old one that was a male display port to female hdmi port does not work. That is the solution. Thank you for your help!