Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
del_psi

Re: X230T - Keyboard hitting the screen, leaving marks

[ Edited ]

johnv474 wrote:

del_psi wrote:

The X230t was meant to be a cheap , low quality tablet PC.

They atleast made a good cooling system though.

Professionals will be using a Fujitsu or HP tablet PC instead due to the quality that HP and Fujitsu tablet PCs have.

You sure seem to love Fujitsu and dislike Lenovo, for someone visiting Lenovo forums.  Without searching, I have come across several recent posts from you using words like "cheap", "shabby", "low quality", etc.

I'm surprised because my experience with Lenovo computers has been the best I've had of any computer manufacturer, including Dell, HP, Compaq, Fujitsu, Acer, and others.  They aren't perfect, but no manufactured item is.

When the complaint I hear is that a small tab is a little bit loose, but fully functional, it's hard for me to agree with the assessment that these are poorly-engineered, poorly-manufactured machines.

-JV474

The ThinkPad W530 that I own is nice but the X230 tablet is not well designed. You should notice that most of my complaints are directed towards the X230t. The only thing that I don't like about my ThinkPad W530 is the screen (it's a high end TN panel but lacks the viewing angles of an IPS panel).

My next workstation will probably be a HP DreamColor mobile workstation though.

If you are spending $2000+ , lenovo doesn't offer anything good in that price range.

Token Ring
del_psi

johnv474 wrote:

del_psi wrote:

Professionals will be using a Fujitsu or HP tablet PC instead due to the quality that HP and Fujitsu tablet PCs have.

You sure seem to love Fujitsu and dislike Lenovo, for someone visiting Lenovo forums.  Without searching, I have come across several recent posts from you using words like "cheap", "shabby", "low quality", etc.

I'm surprised because my experience with Lenovo computers has been the best I've had of any computer manufacturer, including Dell, HP, Compaq, Fujitsu, Acer, and others.  They aren't perfect, but no manufactured item is.

When the complaint I hear is that a small tab is a little bit loose, but fully functional, it's hard for me to agree with the assessment that these are poorly-engineered, poorly-manufactured machines.

-JV474

johnv474 wrote:

del_psi wrote:

-JV474

If you have used a lenovo X220t and a Fujitsu LifeBook T901 side by side , you would have realize that making tablet PCs is not lenovo's strong point.

Token Ring
del_psi

del_psi wrote:

johnv474 wrote:

del_psi wrote:

-JV474

HP has some nice laptops
Here is a datasheet for one of the ones I was looking at before I bought my W530
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmisc/vac/us/product_pdfs/HP_Elitebook_8770w_Datasheet.pdf

Token Ring
del_psi

[ Edited ]

ttran wrote:

Do you guys know if Fujitsu tablet PC has the cooling system as good as x230t? If they do+the built quality good as said, then I will purchase one without any doubt. I super hate the high-pitching noise produced by the X230t, it make me sick guys. I rather buy an overpriced, good quality laptop than a cheap one, all the cost of buying, returning, waiting are worth tons of money already. At the end, what is thinkpad made for nowadays anyway? Student, professionals, farmers?

The T901 is supposed to be quiet.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/fujitsu/40890-official-fujitsu-t901-thread-37.html#post269274

If it's noisy , then it can be considered defective.

I never noticed a high pitch noise when I owned the T901.

HDMI
hp79

Quick update - I received two more X230T, and both had these scuff marks on the screen. I think it's just a bad design. I'll just put a protective film over those two areas to prevent scuffing.
Punch Card
Steelguy

I second the comment above. I've owned and used Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Acer, Toshiba and nothing is perfect, it's called the Price Point. If you want to pay $10K for a convertible tablet, I'm sure one can be made for you. Even the Panasonic ToughBook I used in GW1 had build issues and for what you pay for it, you expect better quality, especially when it is supposed to be MilSpec grade.

On the other hand, money does not begat quality. If you look at cars, I've gotten better build quality and brand support from Hyundai than Mercedes! (Ever tried to get Customer Service from Toshiba or Sony on a bad build laptop?)

Lenovo has always been supportive and willing to LISTEN to me as a customer and that is  far better than the competition.

Paper Tape
wpetrow

Hi guys....

My X230T bought in February is doing the same thing, badly.  I sent it in for depot repair and they sent it back saying it was a "billable" issue.  ARGHHHH!  They said they tried to reach me via my cell and snail mail, but I never received anything and was surprised to get the laptop back without any repair work done.

So after talking to a nice lady on the customer service team they are sending out another box for it to make another trip to Memphis.

My question is....what IS the fix for this issue?  TO me it seems like a design flaw at the rotating hinge....like it's not tall enough so that when closed, it doesn't provide enough clearance to the keyboard base.  

Any engineers on the forum with ideas about this?  I'd hate to send it back with the same result if there is no solution on hand.

Bill

HDMI
hp79

Too bad, you should have put a protector film or something on the raised area of the keyboard like I did. I think this is definitely a bad/rushed/compromised design, trying to cut cost.

I can see scuff marks on my 3M automotive protector film on the keyboard upper left and right area, but other than that, I think everything is holding up fine. Laptop is very quiet with cpu temperature around 40 degrees.