Support in other languages: 
SCSI Port
ttran

Re: X230t first impressions? Fail. Build quality issues

[ Edited ]

I'm using 3 cell battery with X230t, I also have the X220t with 6 cell and I just notice the same thing you are having with x230t-6 cell too, but I've been using this x220t over a year without noticing this problem, I guess people using their palm and keep hitting the lower left feet of the system to produce this kind of wobbling phenomena...:smileytongue: sorry Xthinkpaduser but for the normal and daily use, you just have to go with it man, if that really annoy u, switch to different brand, come back to thinkpad later, it always welcome u. At the end, THINKPAD IS #1

HDMI
hp79

XThinkpaduser, LOL at the protractor image. Nice one!

ttran, your physical body structure must be different from rest of us if you find it comfortable using the screen opened at no more than 90 degree.

I believe Lenovo could have done a better job and made it stand properly on all 4 feet. Standing on 3 feet is not a feature that Lenovo designed, and it probably just got slipped without noticing. It is a small (depending on how you look at it) design error for the 6 cell battery. You don't have to defend them for their design error. I agree it is hard to find another manufacturer that is better all around, but I think wobbling three feet is a serious dent on the brand.
SCSI Port
Azfargh

ttran:
I have the same issue... but it doesn't bother me at all. But just for that I'm gonna stand quiet?

Geez... we all critisizing because we ACTUALLY CARE about Lenovo and Thinkpad series...

You might be a rich fellow with plenty of money to accept paying a high price for it and doesn't care for any silly (in the meaning of amateur-like) issue. Anyone here wouldn't expect that in a computer series that is used by NASA and some military personels. By the price we pay, we have the right to point out any issue about it.

If anyone can do something about this is all of us. Warning Lenovo about it and even being pissed! Who is the boss of the supreme boss in any institution? THE CLIENTS. We are. Understand now what are we doing here.

Thinkpad still number 1. Lets hope to keep like that.
SCSI Port
ttran

[ Edited ]

Lol, no offense here ok, what i mean by "90 degree" is when you sit that your face is straight right to the laptop screen, 90 degree is ideal angle. Your palm apply smaller amount of force to the palm rest area. However, when you are at the position that look at the screen >90 degree, you will apply more force because your arm weight start to kick in. The excess amount of force will most of the time overcome your notice of the wobbling, unless you try to force your mind to feel it. 

I know its hard to get rid of this idea from your mind once you noticing this phenomena. I'm not trying to defend lenovo, I can find a bunch of other things that I'm not satisfied with every thinkpad system that I bought in the last 7 years, but in general, the pros usually more than the cons, and the cons are different from users to users, so at the end, I think the pros win :smileyvery-happy:, good luck with your picky of using thinkpad, I just feel poor for lenovo for dealing with these issues.

@azfargh: Just saw your comment after i posted. Like I said, I dont think thinkpad is perfect, and I hope they will fix this issue in the future so that those who are annoyed by 3 feet will feel relief. However, I think this sytem is great and you cant judge it bad by this stupid mistake man.

Token Ring
XThinkpadUser

I mean no disrespect, Ttran :smileywink:

SCSI Port
ttran

[ Edited ]

No disrespect here either, this is exactly how I think about those of you complaining about this problem so badly :smileywink:

At the end, we are all a bit evil when it come to picky using thinkpad, let it be the happy one :smileyhappy:, I think I'm done right here, have done explaining both physically and visually :smileyvery-happy:Untitled.jpg

Token Ring
XThinkpadUser

Hahah, I love it

SCSI Port
ttran

:smileyvery-happy: I think we are both using thinkpad tablet to draw in order to discuss about it, good use of the system {chuckle}
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,306
Solutions: 283

You guys are both awesome!!!

I respect different points of view - love that you turned to cartooning on your tablets.

Kudos to you both!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Punch Card
Bobo03

Great pictures. Can't wait to have my tablet and pen again. Mark, thanks for the reply. Plain x230 is out of the question, need tab for note taking. Going to purchase in 3 weeks as long as student discount is still valid.