Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
mgilrosa
Accepted Solution

X41 tablet: don´t update after SP3

Hi. Please, excuse me for my English.

I have a X41 Tablet with Spanish Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005. In almost 3 years I have cleaned it to a factory state several times with no problems (except the looong, looong time IBM/Lenovo way to re-install).

Until now. Last time (the first with item "Service Pack 3" in the Microsoft Update service) when finished the re-install, I ran Windows Update and downloaded and installed SP3. Then, Windows Update again and downloaded and not installed next update.

The message I get for Windows Update (and Microsoft Update too) is:

Hay un problema en su equipo que no permite instalar las actualizaciones.
There is a problem in your system that don't allows to install updates.

I didn't find information for fix it (and I have looked up, for sure).

Can anybody help me?

Thank you in advance.
Paper Tape
Morfered

Re: X41 tablet: don´t update after SP3

[ Edited ]
Saludos,

Note tu mensaje y si entiendo correctamente lo que paso es lo siguiente:

Instalaste el SP 3 de Windows Tablet XP 2005 y luego de instalado te aparece un mensaje de que no existen mas actualizaciones (upgrades) para tu sistema operativo?

Es mi entender que es posible que Microsoft esta queriendo migrar a sus usuarios a Windows Vista y es posible que ellos esten poniendo de sobre aviso que no van a darle mas actualizaciones a tu sistema.

Sin embargo, la herramienta de Windows Update no deberia de limitar si quieres actualizar otro elemento de tu ordenador como por ejemplo aplicaciones de Word, Excel, etc.

De todas formas no conozco a alguien que haya actualizado a SP3 pero prontamente estaran varios clientes actualizando a esta version y te podre dar mas detalles en el futuro.

Exito!

Message Edited by Morfered on 05-17-2008 08:58 AM
What's DOS?
DBurgoon

I am having a similar problem.

I recently reformatted my X41 tablet. I have not been able to install any windows updates since shortly after the reformat. I receive the message " unable to install updates" after I attempt to install the building list of updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Dean B..

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

@ All, welcome to the forum,

Have a look at this Microsoft fix, it may help

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
mgilrosa

Hey, my friend, you got it.

Thank you very much.

:manvery-happy: