Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Reegord
Accepted Solution

X60 Digitiser pen not working

I have and X60 and have been using it for around  6 months now. About a month ago my pen started having problems. The tracking became very erratic and when using the writing box the tablet could not tell if I was making contact or not. It would either not write at all or continue to scribble all over the place after lifting the pen from the screen. After a short while the pen stopped working completely. I went out and bought another pen and this worked fine.......for 2 days. Similar to the last pen, usability started becoming very erratic. It does track a little when moving the pen across the screen ( no contact ) but I cannot write anything without again,  either nothing at all or loads of scribbles. Strangely enough when turning the pen around I can actually use the back of the pen fine but using it this ways is clumsy .  Can anyone offer advise?

Thanks

SCSI Port
Genghis7777

Re: X60 Digitiser pen not working

My Digitzer is supposed to be new.  It is erratic, and doesn't seem to track properly.  Very disappointed.  Not sure whether it is the Digitizer or the Touchscreen at fault.  A few entries have tried replacing the Stylus but only with mixed success.  This Lenovo tablet system is looking unreliable.

--------
T60 Tablet; T60 Widescreen; T60; T40; 701C; 3 x Apple Newton MP2100; 2 x HP 200LX
SCSI Port
Genghis7777

Re: X60 Digitiser pen not working

Problem solved: for me at least.  The previous owner had installed a Wacom driver v2.8.0.5 as the touchscreen display driver.  The problem went away once I installed version 3.0.0.3 of the Multitouch display driver from Lenovo.  It can be downloaded from here:  http://tinyurl.com/7lhuvc6

I hope this helps someone else.

--------
T60 Tablet; T60 Widescreen; T60; T40; 701C; 3 x Apple Newton MP2100; 2 x HP 200LX