Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
bookeater

X60 SD card reader -slow and 100% CPU usage

Hi!

I got problem with my internal card reader in thinkapad tablet X60.I purchased 2 different SD cards and both give me the same bad performance. Data transfer is low (2-3mb/s). But even more annoying is that system slow down (or rather stalls) during simple operations on SD card (such like folders/ txt files opeing ). Once I start doing something on SD card the system CPU hits 100% immediately making any other tasks choppy or impossible to carry at all. 

I'm not an expert but to me it seems there must be software/driver issue because things got less choppy, though very slightly since installation Vista SP1 (clean copy). And lenovo doesn't offer any drivers on the support page for reader so we are left to generic microsoft drivers only eh...

Any other thoughts?
Token Ring
ctoys

Re: X60 SD card reader -slow and 100% CPU usage

[ Edited ]

From task manager, what task is using nearly 100% of your CPU when you are using the SD Card?    I would be sure that your HD or something else isn't infecting the cards, just a long shot since you reinstalled the O/S.   Perhaps your anti-virus software is hogging the system in the efforts to scan the card.

Message Edited by ctoys on 07-28-2008 09:10 AM
Full disclosure: Not a Lenovo employee, just someone with a X61 running Win XP SP2
Paper Tape
bookeater

Thanks for the hint! l disabled my antivirus but problem still persists. I noticed however that it affect system more when I actually try to read off the stuff from disk. It works seamlessly when I copy files on it. Thanks again!
Paper Tape
afreeshrimp

I have the exact problem as yours on my X41T(which has same SD reader as X60) with Vista SP1.

Write is fine, read costs 100% CPU

Did not notice this on Windows XP.

Have you find the solution?