Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
mikepapot
Accepted Solution

X60 tablet doesn't respond to pen input in Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Last week I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (full license) in a dual boot configuration aside the original Windows Vista Business OS. After using Windows Update and Lenovo System Update 4.0 most functions work well, accept for the pen input (neither in laptop mode nor in tablet mode). I checked if everything still works in Windows Vista and it does. But in Win 7 it won't recognise the pen nor finger input.There are no device warnings or errors.

One other major change is that I switched from ZoneAlarm Internet Security (used in Win Vista) to Norton 2010 Internet Security (including Norton Utilities) in Win 7.

I tried to find the proper software driver on the Lenovo support site and searched via Google and in this forum, but couldn't find a proper solution for my configuration. Some threads in this forum mentioned using Wacom drivers, but they don't seem to support Windows 7.

Any of you got a clue what to do? I appreciate your help.

Paper Tape
TennesseeTab

Re: X60 tablet doesn't respond to pen input in Windows 7

I"m suffering from the same problem.  It looks like the pen driver and touch driver aren't installed.  Lenovo doesn't have the option of downloading those for windows 7 on their website. 

Paper Tape
nicknhutho

I got the same problem. I thought I might have messed up so I reinstalled a clean, new Windows 7. That did not help. After using the pen for a while, time varies 5 minutes to over an hour, the pointer does not seems to click on anything.

I worked around this by pushing the Ctrl/Alt/Delete Button. Once the Restart/Task Manager screen appeared, I just clicked Cancel to get back. Then everything is back to normal again, for awhile.

I think while that happens Windows 7 lost focus on the pen driver somehow. But, then what do I know. It's just annoying.

Nick

Paper Tape
Filiago

Guten Tag!

I got it working!

until saturday I had the same issue for four weeks after installing windows 7 ultimate on my x60.

On saturday i simply downloaded the MultiTouch driver for vista at

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-67220

and installed it like described in the readme file.

hope it helps.

Cheers,

Filiago

Paper Tape
nicknhutho

Thank you Filiago. That helped. After I installed the driver from your link the pen has not "hung". Thank you. Nick

Blue Screen Again
mikepapot

Hi all,

it took some time to find the solution that works for my system. I stumbled upon a Windows message that informed me that my system needed a Wacom Enhanced graphics driver update (check http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm). After installing that driver, my screen responds now to the pen and also finger touches. At last it works now as it used to be in Windows Vista.:manvery-happy: