Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
daveb

X61 Tablet - lost wireless connectivity

Running an X61 tablet with Vista Business SP1 32-bit. Trying to get the wireless (Intel WIFI 4965AGN with newly updated driver) to communicate with a Linksys WRT-350N router. Internet and home network use the same fibre-optic LAN connection. This setup worked pretty flawlessly until last week. 

We had a power shutdown in the building last Wednesday night. I turned everything off before the lights went out, and when I restarted things on Thursday morning, I'd lost my internet connection on all our computers. After resetting the router and restarting the computers quite a few times, I eventually got the wired connectivity back on both desktops and the X61, but I'm having no luck at all restoring the wireless.

Access Connections (just updated to 5.22) will not find my network.I'm using the same location profiles that worked before, and checked and rechecked the SSID, the WEP encryption and keys, and everything is the same. The "Help me fix this" link says Connection Status is Disconnected, Cause is unknown, and Error code is 65537.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

daveb

Re: X61 Tablet - lost wireless connectivity

<bump>

Forgot to mention I'm also running NIS 2009... the only thing there I can see to try is "disable smart firewall". Which I did, but it doesn't help.

bananaman

Did you try deleting and re-creating the wireless profile?
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Serial Port
daveb

Thanks - it's finally working again, but since my last message, they did another power shutdown in my building and I lost my wired connection as well as the wireless!

I reset the router, disconnected and reconnected everything and 9 days later I'm back in action.