Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
dwkor

X61 - battery discharge when laptop is off

Good morning, I've experienced very annoying problem with X61 tablet (7767). Laptop discharges a battery (about 1% per hour on standard battery) when it's off (power off or hibernate). I have: BIOS: 1.10 82566MM network driver: 9.7.255.0 Power Manager: 2.20b Power Manager Driver: 1.44 I disabled all WAKE ON LAN settings in both BIOS and gigabit network adapter - it would not help. I have this problem for months and tested it with different BIOSes, network and power manager drivers. Latest version of power manager driver helps a little bit - right now battery would not discharge if I leave AC adapter plugged in. Although, if I unplug it, battery still discharges. Only option I found so far - eject battery for a second after power off. In such case, no discharge occurs. I really appreciate, if you can help me with this issue. Thank you!
Paper Tape
beetlebug

Re: X61 - battery discharge when laptop is off

Hello dwkor. I've also just posted a message about this issue with my X200. Did you manage to resolve your issue or did you return your laptop to Lenovo?

Thanks

Fanfold Paper
dwkor

Re: X61 - battery discharge when laptop is off

Good afternoon,

Yes, I was able to fix that. You need to disable:

1. Wake on * in the bios LAN settings and network adapter properties

2. Wake on * in the modem driver properties

3. Wake on * in the one of the system devices (if I don't mistake system audio board, but I'm not 100% sure).

In fact, I would suggest to check every single device/driver in hardware manager and disable such setting if exists. In my case, 3rd was the deal breaker.

Hope it helps.

Thanks