Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
tbahder

X61 tablet -- does everyone get the BSOD often?

I have just purchased an X61 tablet about three week ago.  I have to say that I am really disappointed, because I get the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) several times a day.   I have tried updating the drivers, but that did not help. 

Does everyone get the BSOD so often, or, is it just my machine?      I would appreciate any suggestions on what I should do?  Should I return it?    PLEASE HELP!    Thank You.
andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: X61 tablet -- does everyone get the BSOD often?

Please provide type / model number and OS, (add it to your sig in your profile), that helps.
Which updates are you referring to? Windows? Lenovo? Turbo-Memory as referred to in this thread?
Have you modified the ThinkPad? More memory? Factory or clean install?
Sorry about all the questions, but at the moment we do not have a lot to go on.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
tbahder

I have done the windows updates regularly, and that changes nothing about the performance really.
I have done many of the suggested driver updates that other people said fixed certain things, such as the Storage Matrix driver and the Turbo Memory Driver.
I have a feeling it's the turbo memory stuff that's crashing it... in fact, I'm not sure if this particular one even HAS the turbo memory installed. Is there a way to tell if it's installed (without taking it apart...) and also, if it's installed, how do I get to the turbo memory control panel or what ever it is where I can disable it?

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

andyP wrote:
Please provide type / model number and OS, (add it to your sig in your profile), that helps.
...snip

You find the type and model number on the underside of your ThinkPad. It is 4-3 combination of numbers and letters e.g. 7767-BFG. You can also enter it on this site to see how your ThinkPad is configured, (as long as it is not a CTO).

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Serial Port
Ballallaz

I have the X61 Tablet with Windows XP, 4GB RAM, SXGA+ screen and a 120 GB HD and I do not remeber having had any BSOD....

Fanfold Paper
disappointed

I just got my machine last Friday (4 days ago).  I haven't had it long enough to have any problems like you mentioned with it, but let me give you a warning about returning it.  They will charge you 15% restocking fee.  Even if it is a manufacture or hardware/driver issue, they will not claim any responsibility for your troubles and will try to charge you for repairs and will charge you a restocking fee.  My customer service experience has been a nightmare.  They actually have no customer service.   You know how you always learn that the customer is always right?  Not Lenovo.  For them the customer is a sucker and should be put in their place.  They act as though the customer is an idiot and there to take advantage of, not appreciate.  They are definitely not looking for repeat business or referrals.  Good luck with your problems, I am sorry I couldn't be of more help, I just wanted to warn you so you are prepared.  God Bless.
What's DOS?
dhigby

[ Edited ]
I also have either the BSOD, or complete system lockup once or twice per day since receiving my x61 tablet with Vista Ultimate.  I have 512 turbo memory installed and 2 Gig RAM, all from the factory.  I have done all of the updates, and also verified that the Turbo driver is the latest.

Reading from the internet, I have decided to dump Vista and go with XP, since it seems many are having the same problems.  It also kills me that 2 Gig Ram gives me slower performance than my old XP with 1 Gig RAM and single processor.

I will let you know how it goes.  I have the lenovo provided XP disks.

Message Edited by dhigby on 01-30-2008 01:31 PM
Punch Card
cheesse

try doing a fresh install. Read the thread completely before you do!!! and make sure you add to the driver list all tablet essential drivers.